Bruising

DreamOnDeb
DreamOnDeb Member Posts: 112

Did anyone here have bruising on their sides after surgery?  My husband is on blood thinners and I'm wondering if this is some bleeding under the skin or if it's normal.  Has anyone who is not on blood thinners had this?

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited August 2017 #2
    Yes, I had some purple/black

Yes, I had some purple/black/blue bruising by the incision and I was not on blood thinners. It's best to ask doc though if concerned.

• DreamOnDeb
    APny said:

Yes, I had some purple/black

Yes, I had some purple/black/blue bruising by the incision and I was not on blood thinners. It's best to ask doc though if concerned.

Thank you, APny!

Thank you, APny!

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Sounds normal

Deb,

Sounds normal, but ask the Doc anyway.

Icemantoo

• DreamOnDeb
    OK...thanks, Iceman!  

OK...thanks, Iceman!  

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    I had bruising too

And I'm not on blood thinners.  Some bruising is normal, they cut into him, so of course around the "injury" sites, but if it's extreme, as Iceman said. check in with your doctor.  Hopefully the doctor was aware that he was on blood thinners, yes?

Donna~

• DreamOnDeb
    Thank God we went back to the

Thank God we went back to the ER this morning!  Sure enough, my husband had some internal bleeding because he's on blood thinners.  They stopped the bleeding and he had two units of blood.  He has to stay in the hospital for a couple of days.  He had A LOT of bruising all over!

• APny
    edited August 2017 #8
    So glad you went to get it

So glad you went to get it checked!

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Nice job

Nice job, Deb.  I can't say enough about this site.  The advice is second to none!

Stub

• DreamOnDeb
    edited August 2017 #10
    Hi everyone.....my husband

Hi everyone.....my husband had to go back into emergency surgery today because they were finally able to figure out where he was bleeding from (which was two blood vessels in the abdomen).   They were able to just go in with a scope and stop the bleeding that way.  He was in excruciating pain from the pool of blood that was in his abdomen.  They were able to drain that too.  Thank God!  He also had to have several units of blood.  Oh, the joys of being on blood thinners!

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Sending

Prayers and good wishes for your husband

Kim

• APny
    All the very best to both of

All the very best to both of you! Hope he's home soon and on the mend.

• DreamOnDeb
    Thank you everyone!

Thank you everyone!

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Oh my gosh!

Thank God you took him in.  Prayers being said for quick healing now.  The worst should be behind you both now......hopefully.

Donna~

• DreamOnDeb
    hardo718 said:

Oh my gosh!

Thank God you took him in.  Prayers being said for quick healing now.  The worst should be behind you both now......hopefully.

Donna~

Thank you for your prayers.

Thank you for your prayers.  This is tough.

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    So glad

So glad you were on top of this. Great that the bleeding could be stopped with easy-ish surgery. Hope your husband can just focus on resting and healing now. You get an oak leaf cluster on your caregiver's medal, for sure.