Pain gone and now returning

Sorry for any mistakes made, but my english is not very good...My husband ended radiation and chemo treatment 3 months ago. He has been fine, with no pain since more or less 2 weeks after that. Now, when he swallows his throat hurts. Doctor says there his no visible reason for the pain.  Is it normal?

Comments

• AnotherSurvivor
    AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member
    Can be.  As the radiation

Can be.  As the radiation injured tissue heals, it begins to dry out (which is why there is less mucus).  Hopefully your treatment included excercise lessons from a speech and swallow therapist.  I got a bunch of different exercises that stretch the neck.  

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    It also matters what he's eating....

for me....basically, if I'm not eating soup, then anything has the potential to sore up my mouth and throat.  Some things are obvious...like crackers, or chips....other things, not so obvious.  When I wake up with a sore throat or places that hurt in my mouth....I think back to what I ate yesterday.  It didn't hurt much at the time it was eaten, but the next morning it feels like strep throat...(throat and mouth pain seem to always come magnified).

p

• Pjreilly
    Pjreilly Member Posts: 9
    I'm 3 1/2 years out, I have

I'm 3 1/2 years out, I have throats pain daily and lose my voice frequently.  It's just my new me