Five years!

Lou Ann M
Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member

Today is my cancer anniversary.  Five years go I got on this rollercoaster ride.  I am not cancer free or NED, but I am still here. It has been a lot of ups and downs, but many more good days than bad.  I have discovered how really blessed I am.  I have found out how much my husband loves me.  My family and friends are wonderfully supportive.  I have had the best doctors and nurses from day one.  Financially we struggle because of cancer, but in all the ways that really matter, my life overflows with blessings.  You, my friends are part of my blessings.

Hugs and prayers to all of you, Lou Ann

Comments

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    So Glad

I am so glad you are on this board Lou Ann. Your journey has been an amazing one and you are an inspiration to many. I think of you often! 

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    Quite an accomplishment!

Congratulations, Lou Ann. I always look to your wisdom and take hope from your spirit. Here's to another 5-10-15 years or more. Best always, B

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    What a day to celebrate!

Yay for you. That is a terrific anniversary. I always appreciate your candor and that you remind us that you have had many more good days than bad.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Lou Ann, what a gift you are

Lou Ann, what a gift you are to US here on the Uterine board so I celebrate YOU!  Thank you and God bless you.

• namedropper
    namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
    Yeah. Happy Anniversary. I

Yeah. Happy Anniversary. I look forward to reading your posts.  You are so lucky to have a great husband and family.  Hugs and prayers to you.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Happy celebration day Lou Ann

Happy celebration day Lou Ann. I agree with everything the other ladies said. You are a blessing to us and are loved bunches here!

You are awesome.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited August 2017 #8
    Yay Lou Ann!!!

Thank you for allowing us to celebrate with you and for always sharing your positive attitude and insights (((HUGS)))

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited August 2017 #9
    You are my inspiration, Lou

You are my inspiration, Lou Ann!! Here's to many, many more years of "more good days than bad." 

Love

Eldri 

• TeddyandBears_Mom

You are my inspiration, Lou

You are my inspiration, Lou Ann!! Here's to many, many more years of "more good days than bad." 

Love

Eldri 

Glad to see you Eldri. Hope

Glad to see you Eldri. Hope all is well with you.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    edited August 2017 #11
    Lou Ann, you continue to be our leader of hope and dignity

May you continue to reap benefits of your treatment and the love and support of those near and dear.  Best wishes, Oldbeauty

• Hopeful162
    Hopeful162 Member Posts: 82
    Cheers, Lou Ann!

Just a note to chime in and let you know that I, too, have been encouraged by your posts over the months and years, even if I seldom write! I'm so happy you are still with us as an active member! Best wishes to all of us; may we all have your attitude.

• dgrdalton
    dgrdalton Member Posts: 161 Member
    Thankful you are here as well

Thankful you are here as well as many other kind, compassionate ladies! Wishing you the best!

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    Congratulations, Lou Ann! You

Congratulations, Lou Ann! You are an inspiration to us all!

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Congratulations on your Anniversary!

Thank you for sharing all of your posts, well wishes, hugs and compassion with each and everyone here.   

Kathy

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member

Glad to see you Eldri. Hope

Glad to see you Eldri. Hope all is well with you.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Knock on wood, but I'm doing

Knock on wood, but I'm doing good. We retire on Tuesday and leave for Florida on Wednesday to buy a winter home. I'm planning on moving all my cancer records down there to Moffitt in Tampa. 

Love, 

Eldri 

• TeddyandBears_Mom

Knock on wood, but I'm doing

Knock on wood, but I'm doing good. We retire on Tuesday and leave for Florida on Wednesday to buy a winter home. I'm planning on moving all my cancer records down there to Moffitt in Tampa. 

Love, 

Eldri 

Eldri

Congrats on your retirement!  I hope you have a safe trip. I love Moffitt. Everyone is very caring. Just don't get overwhelmed at the size. They do a great job at helping us navigate through the various locations and appointments. Glad to hear you are doing well and I hope you find a nice home down here.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    You give us all hope

Thank you for sharing your journey with us, Lou Ann. It means more than you will ever know.  God Bless you. 

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member

Hi Louann:

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary!  I do hope you have many more years.  You are an inspiration to all us women here. Thanks also for your warm wishes!

Fondly,

Cheerful

a/ka/ Jane

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited August 2017 #20
    You  are such a fighter and I

You  are such a fighter and I love it.  What an accomplishment.  Thanks for finding thr beauty in life

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Congratulations Lou Ann! You

Congratulations Lou Ann! You continue to be the greatest inspiration to us all! Many many hugs!