the road ahead

kris_777
kris_777 Member Posts: 3

New here. Colonoscopy and diagosis last week..

3 cm growth in rectum. Still reeling! MRI for staging and seeing rad. onc in the next few days.

Gastroenterologist performing scope mentioned chemo and rad to be expected in management of condition going forward.

Crazy life-changing experience.. (what an understatement!)

Admire all you brave souls and back you all in your fights.

Less google, more real life stories from real heroes from now on.

All the best to you ALL!

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Welcome, Kris and...

sorry about your disgnosis. But, you're here now, and we will help take care of you. 

You're right about listening to the real world of survivors, and not the hype or doom and gloom that can be found on the web (well, I guess we're on the web, but you know what I mean). 

You get it straight from the hip, on this forum. Some of us have and do suffer, some of us 'breeze' through the treatments; who knows which one you will be. Time will tell. 

Be good to yourself. Absorb this new information; what is going to be your new normal. It is just fine to be reeling, to cry and/or scream. To be angry. Its a type of grieving. Grieving the loss of life as you know it; but soon you will pass that grieving stage and be full on fighting and surviving and being a survivor. 

Tru

• NHMike
    NHMike Member Posts: 213 Member
    Welcome to the board and

Welcome to the board and sorry for the reason why you're here. I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you about to start chemo and radiation. It is absolutely crazy and life-changing. I have been looking for experiences with staging similar to mine and have found a lot of helpful information in the form of facts and experiences. This place can help provide emotional support as I found myself on a roller-coaster - actually I'm still on one.

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    NHMike said:

Welcome to the board and

Welcome to the board and sorry for the reason why you're here. I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you about to start chemo and radiation. It is absolutely crazy and life-changing. I have been looking for experiences with staging similar to mine and have found a lot of helpful information in the form of facts and experiences. This place can help provide emotional support as I found myself on a roller-coaster - actually I'm still on one.

cancer

Cancer can indeed produce a bumpy ride, however it is doable. If you look up my history , you will see I found the friend we are all searching for:NED. I'v beed NED(no evedence of disease) for 7 years now. A few side effects, but basically a normal life.  May you both quickly find NED!!!

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member
    Hi

hey Kris

Welcome to the group.  As always sorry you're here, but you're in a great, safe, supportive place.  Once you're through with the scans and visits your life will settle down to normal.  But it's going to be a new normal.  Once your treatment plan is in place youll feel a little more in control   A positive attitude with certainly help you  As you go through this journey  

wish you the best   

Pam 

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

Hi Kris:  I am not so far ahead of you on the timeline, but I have found that the forum provides not only support, but valuable insight as to the side effects and treatments you may experience.  You might try using the search tool, when you have time, to research issues.  Forum members have much more experience and insight than the doctors in many instances.  Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey.  Life will never be the same, but you adjust to it.