Scananxiety

Options
wcco9203
wcco9203 Member Posts: 43 Member

in May 2017, I had a 1.2 cm, stage pt1a grade 1 with no vascular invasion clear cell rcc removed.  I am coming up on my first 3 month follow up and very anxious.  also, does anyone know what the chances of recurrence in other parts of the body?  I am not sure I worded it right.  Just nervous and looking for guidance.

thanks

Comments

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    edited July 2017 #2
    Options

I know easier said than done.  Take some deep breaths and focus on how fortunate you are/were to catch this when you did.  I'm not sure of the figures for reoccurance with a tumor as small and non-invasive as yours was, but I had a 5.3 cm tumor removed in August and my doctor gave me a figure in the mid-90's of no reoccurance. 

Stub

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited July 2017 #3
    Options
    There are no guarantees and

There are no guarantees and nothing is ever 100 percent certain but at 1.2 cm, stage 1, grade 1, I would say your chances of mets or recurrance are extremely small. The anxiety is natural. But try to keep it in perspective considering your path report. It's about as good as you can get with this lousy disease.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    edited August 2017 #4
    Options
    Given size and stage of you

Given size and stage of you tumor, the odds are in your favour. Stay positive.