Kidney Cancer

Asim Asghar
Asim Asghar Member Posts: 3
edited June 2017 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hello Dear All,

Can Anybody tell me about that, My Father was operated on last Monday Dated: 09-06-2017 due to kidney cancer the has been remove his kidney and now he is sleeping from last 10 hours continually and not waking up after force But before that he was not sleeping properly at morning of today doctor say that don’t give him medicines is this was a effect of medicine may be he was not sleeping due to neatness of medicine, tell me about that if anyone knows about that trouble.   

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    So sorry

Asim,

At 12  cm your father was at risk of desth over a relwtively short period of time if he did not have the kidney and tumor removed. At 68 years of age even without heart issues he is at risk from such as stressful surgery. There was no good way to proceed and I am sure the doctors tried to make the right decision when there were no good choices. You are going to have to talk to his doctors regarding his hopeful path to recovery. Many times they will not proceed with surgery where the tumors are smaller and the patioet is over 65.

Icemantoo

• Asim Asghar
    edited June 2017 #3
    icemantoo said:

So sorry

Asim,

At 12  cm your father was at risk of desth over a relwtively short period of time if he did not have the kidney and tumor removed. At 68 years of age even without heart issues he is at risk from such as stressful surgery. There was no good way to proceed and I am sure the doctors tried to make the right decision when there were no good choices. You are going to have to talk to his doctors regarding his hopeful path to recovery. Many times they will not proceed with surgery where the tumors are smaller and the patioet is over 65.

Icemantoo

Thanks For Helping me icemantoo

But his surgery was done successfully so why he are facing that issues.

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited June 2017 #4
    Sorry to hear about your father..

My tumor was 12+ cm, with mets to the liver and nodes.  I was in the OR for 11 1/2 hours and age 64 at the time.  No heart attack, though.

You and he are dealing with two issues.  The surgeon will provide care and follow up to the surgery; and then he will see an oncologist or urologist for ongoing testing for cancer.

Your immediate concern would be the heart attack.  Hopefully, he has a good cardiologist looking after him.  Questions to have answered are: what caused the attack, what damage has been done to the heart and/or other organs, what can be done to provide remedy or treatment now, as in stents, catheritization, bypass, etc.  I'm assuming he is in the hospital in a cardiac unit, now.  How long will he be in hospital, will he be discharded to a care facility to recover, and how soon can any kind of rehab begin? 

Was there disorientation as a result of the effects of the anesthesia, or did he have a mini-stroke (TIA).

And last-are you in the US? or what hospital?  If they have such a person at the facility, seek out a Patient Navigator as you try to deal with the multiple problems your father is experiencing.

All best wishes and Hugs to You.

donna_lee

• Asim Asghar
    donna_lee said:

Sorry to hear about your father..

My tumor was 12+ cm, with mets to the liver and nodes.  I was in the OR for 11 1/2 hours and age 64 at the time.  No heart attack, though.

You and he are dealing with two issues.  The surgeon will provide care and follow up to the surgery; and then he will see an oncologist or urologist for ongoing testing for cancer.

Your immediate concern would be the heart attack.  Hopefully, he has a good cardiologist looking after him.  Questions to have answered are: what caused the attack, what damage has been done to the heart and/or other organs, what can be done to provide remedy or treatment now, as in stents, catheritization, bypass, etc.  I'm assuming he is in the hospital in a cardiac unit, now.  How long will he be in hospital, will he be discharded to a care facility to recover, and how soon can any kind of rehab begin? 

Was there disorientation as a result of the effects of the anesthesia, or did he have a mini-stroke (TIA).

And last-are you in the US? or what hospital?  If they have such a person at the facility, seek out a Patient Navigator as you try to deal with the multiple problems your father is experiencing.

All best wishes and Hugs to You.

donna_lee

a

can you told me that why my Father is doing weird things

• Abunai
    Abunai Member Posts: 173 Member
    Asim

What type of weird things is your father doing?

Is he still in the hospital, and have you brought his "weird" behavior to the attention of his doctors and nurses?

If he is acting abnormally, Donna_lee may be right and he may have had a small stroke.

His doctors are the best people to tell you what has caused his condition. Those of us on this discussion forum can really only guess at it.

Best of luck for you and your father.