Elevated Igm Kappa Levels

Hello Everyone, 

In Feb I was sent to Hemo/Onc for DVT, bone pain. I do have swollen lymph nodes in my neck, i do spit out blood at times dont why this happens either and Onc cannot grasp around it yet or is he knows doesnt want totell me till we have the right diagnosis. Onc ran several tests and Igm was elevated at 298 and kappa light chain was also elevated at 2620, lamda and ratio showed normal range and crp was elevated and ESR was also elevated. Dr ordered other tests which includes a reround of Igg, Iga, Ige, Igd, Igm, IFE & kappa/lamda ratio, SPEP, ESR. Some results returned and it shows that Igg went up from 1420 to 1559, Igm went up as well from 298 to 405. I have not yet seen the other results yet not sure how long these will take but I am anxious. 

Other Tests ran all negative HIV, Hepatitis, Cryoglobulins. 

why would he even run these extra tests? Um.. I can only wonder... 

Hoping someone out here can relate?

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member
    Doctor is eliminating conditions

Rather than looking for that unwanted "Aha!", doctor is eliminating as many of the 68,069 known human illnesses as possible so as to make a correct diagnosis. Any single blood number or factor by itself, either high or low, means essentially nothing. 

The wait. Ugh. Keep very busy is all that anyone can do, as clock and calendar are still moving forward.

• GSP2
    GSP2 Member Posts: 103 Member
    po18guy said:

Doctor is eliminating conditions

Rather than looking for that unwanted "Aha!", doctor is eliminating as many of the 68,069 known human illnesses as possible so as to make a correct diagnosis. Any single blood number or factor by itself, either high or low, means essentially nothing. 

The wait. Ugh. Keep very busy is all that anyone can do, as clock and calendar are still moving forward.

In Feb

you saw the doctor. You mention the tests but not any subsequent visit or what you were told. Can you tell us that and when your next visit is ?

• Lynn0609
    Lynn0609 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2017 #4
    GSP2 said:

In Feb

you saw the doctor. You mention the tests but not any subsequent visit or what you were told. Can you tell us that and when your next visit is ?

Elevated IGM Kappa

HI GSP2,

Feb 2017

IGM: 298

NO IFE Free Kappa: 26.20-Elevated 

Lambda: 21.30

Ratio: Normal 

Kappa Light Chain, Free, Serum 25.4 mg/L

3.3 - 19.4 mg/L with IFE 

Lambda Light Chain, Free, Serum 22.8 mg/L 5.7 - 26.3 mg/L with IFE test 

Ratio is normal but KAPPA is still elevated. 

I am still waiting SPEP and IFE profile.

Though i still dont know what this means 

Have you ever experienced anything like this? 

• Lynn0609
    edited May 2017 #5
    GSP2 said:

In Feb

IGM Kappa Levels

Hi GSP2,

March 2017

IGG:1420

IGM: 298

Kappa:26.20-Elevated

Lambda: 2.130-Normal

Ratio: 1.230 -Normal 

ESR: 33

C3: 163 ( normal)

C4: 41.63(elevated)

Hemo/onc wanted to see me to do other tests.

May 2017

IFE: Pending 

ESR: 38

SPEP: Pending 

Free Kappa/lambda IFE: 25.4(Elevated kappa) 22.8(lambda) 1.11(ratio)

IGM: 405

IGG: 1559

What I dont understand is why is only the kappa elevated and if it has IFE with it does this means it has M-protien as well? 

Hope this helps

• GSP2
    posted in myeloma

Hi Lynn. You posted in the myeloma board so obviously you have read or have been told that this is a concern.

Please follow through with your next visit

• Lynn0609
    Honestly, I've only read. I

Honestly, I've only read. I emailed the dr and he hasn't responded yet. I guess he is waiting as much as I am waiting for those results but obviously as of right the outcomes are not going well.. with detecting ife with kappa and igm. 

• GSP2
    Hang in there

Lynn. Hopefully the results will come back soon and then he'll set up a visit to review their meaning and plan the next step.

Good luck !

• Lynn0609
    edited May 2017 #9
    GSP2 said:

Hang in there

Lynn. Hopefully the results will come back soon and then he'll set up a visit to review their meaning and plan the next step.

Good luck !

He sure requested a revisit for next Tuesday on May 23. 

Spep: show no edvience for m protein but IFE did show  with kappa igm.. 

I guess I found the answer I surelt didn't want or hear. 

Ill update you after The visit.. 

Thank you for caring.. 

talk with you soon