I get to ride the roller coaster again.

1surfermom
1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
edited May 2017 in Breast Cancer #1

Met with my breast surgeon on Friday he confirmed that I do indeed have cancer in the other breast. Not sure about the stage yet, I meet with my oncologist on Tuesday. Breast surgeon seemed very optimistic, used the word cure. I'm waiting to see what the oncologist's advice is, I think she may be more realistic since she sees patients throughout this disease. I'm in an odd state; I fear the scans, CT's and all of the other stuff that comes along with this horrible disease.  I'm not even sure if this is a recurrence or a new cancer. Either way its still very sad. Cry Love Surf

Comments

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    edited May 2017 #2
    I'm so sorry!

Surf,

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this again.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you keep hearing the doctors use the word "cure" going forward.  Sending strength your way.

Clementine

• meschellejensen
    meschellejensen Member Posts: 117
    Sending Hugs Your Way!

Surfermom,

I am really sorry for what you are going through!  Please let us know how we can support you!

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 354 Member
    Peace and prayers

I am so sorry that this is not the news we had hoped.  Glad to hear that the doctor is being positive.  Hopefully contained and able to be removed easily.  It sounds as though you have a lot of confidence in your oncologist - it is reassuring to have someone you can trust.  Keep us posted.

peace and prayers,

Kathy

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Prayers for you

I am sorry you have to go through this.  I am keeping you in my prayers that it is contained and caught early.  Please keep us posted.

Hugs,

Annie

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member
    PRAYERS AND MUCH SUCCESS FOR YOU!

SORRY TO HEAR...but you are a strong person and will get thru this also...WE are all here for you with love and support!!! get all your scans may not be as bad as you think...THIS TOO SHALL PASS....  HUGS AND SUPPORT FOR YOU!!!   BEEPOSITIVESmile

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    edited May 2017 #7
    Sorry surf

But I am so happy that it is in your breast other than in another area of your body.  That is one thing my info said when it was back and everywhere.  Image the comment of it not being in my other breast and he said'that would be so much easier...  it only took me a short time to figure out how right he was.  As bad as I feel feel, I am so happy you are not a stage 4!  I will keep you in my prayers and thank you for

letting us know the outcome.

Hugs,

Carol

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    edited May 2017 #8
    camul said:

Sorry surf

But I am so happy that it is in your breast other than in another area of your body.  That is one thing my info said when it was back and everywhere.  Image the comment of it not being in my other breast and he said'that would be so much easier...  it only took me a short time to figure out how right he was.  As bad as I feel feel, I am so happy you are not a stage 4!  I will keep you in my prayers and thank you for

letting us know the outcome.

Hugs,

Carol

You are right on Sensei! It

You are right on Sensei! It curbs the feelings of having to go down that road again for sure. Imagine being grateful that, though it's back, it is doable even if that is daunting.

OR NINJA was this a clever way of staying on top!!!!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHA

love and hugs to 1Surf too. We are the Beauties and the beast

Sherry

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    So sorry

How long since your initial diagnosis?  As much as I hate the idea of finding another lump, it is correct - if it stays in the breast, much easier to deal with and a cure is indeed possible.  Nonetheless, you must be scared to death.  So I'll send some good mojo your way, along with hugs and prayers.  Please keep us posted. 

Wishing you the very best outcome

Suzanne

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    Cyberhug Surfermom  {{{{  }}}

Cyberhug Surfermom  {{{{  }}}}!  So  sorry this is happening to you. The engine is running in the pink bus and we're on standby for you.  

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    So sorry to hear, Surf

Your DR sounds very positive, using the word cure. I like that part. You've been a survivor since 2009, and I would have thought it was all behind you. Seems there is no relaxing with this disease. I am sending warm thoughts your way. Linda

• 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Thanks Linda

I know I thought I had put it all behind me as well. There really is no relaxing with this disease. I've been beating myself up trying to figure out if it was something I did to make this come back.  Some of the pathology came back and it looks like an a new primary completly different characteristics from my original cancer. It's ILC not IDC and hormone positive.  I was Her2 plus the first time , this time it is indetermined. I now have two cancers to count 7 years from the first and who knows how long from this new one. I have an MRI scheduled for Friday so maybe there might  a change in the size of the tumor. I'm hoping it stays the same. Thanks for your support. Love Surf

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Sending good thoughts

Hey, Surf,

I'm really sorry this is happening to you and even sorrier to read that you're thinking you may have done something to cause this because more than likely that's not true.

Since I can't fix this or take it away, I'm sending you tons of love and energy and empathy.

xoxo

Victoria 

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    edited May 2017 #14

Thanks Linda

I know I thought I had put it all behind me as well. There really is no relaxing with this disease. I've been beating myself up trying to figure out if it was something I did to make this come back.  Some of the pathology came back and it looks like an a new primary completly different characteristics from my original cancer. It's ILC not IDC and hormone positive.  I was Her2 plus the first time , this time it is indetermined. I now have two cancers to count 7 years from the first and who knows how long from this new one. I have an MRI scheduled for Friday so maybe there might  a change in the size of the tumor. I'm hoping it stays the same. Thanks for your support. Love Surf

1surfermom

I am new here, but I want to say I am sorry you have to go through this again. Do not beat yourself up because it is just impossible to know why some of us get mutiple cancers. I was recently diagnosed with IDC BC and this is my third different cancer in 6 years. No cancer in my immediate family, so it has to be something about the way my body processes toxins in the environment. What we can do is try to boost our immune system to help fight the cancer. I have been researching immunity boosting diets and doing all that I can to help my body to fight. Other than that, we cannot control what we are exposed to in our air and water and outside of our home. 

Hang in there! The way I am looking at it today, if we beat it once we can do it again. 

Sending prayers for strength and healing for you! I really mean that when I say that. 

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Oh Surf!

Don't blame yourself.  I floewd everything pretty close after the first dx.  Hanged Diet, mor exercise, tried to have more fun less stress, blah, blah.blah. Almost 8 years later was new dx and they never

mentioned cure or even remission at dx #2.  This disease is a bioch, and I just believe it does what it wants.  I will keep you in my prayers and I do a lot of them.  It is sounding pretty promising if they use 'cure' and is confined!  Although I wish we never had to hear the words again, Once is

more than enough!  Keep us updated. You know we all care.

Hugs