Blood on surface of stool and very weird stool shape (help!)

robertl03
robertl03 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2017 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hi everyone,

I am Robert. In the past year, I found several times bright red blood stripe the one side surface of my stool. I went to see a doctor for this. The doctor did sigmoidoscopy and found nothing. As bleeding continued (not so often, about two to three continuous days per month), I went to see doctor again. This time he gave a anoscopy and found hemorrhoids.

However, recently I noticed that there are usually some small, thin, hard, star-like stool, which constituted the front end of a big stool. It is very hard to describe the shape of the star-like stool. It looks like they formed when the stool pass through a narrow and star-shaped tube. Please see the link below for pictures.

Big stool which came out first during bowel movement
http://i66.tinypic.com/madpus.jpg

many small star-like stool which constitute the front end of big stool
http://i63.tinypic.com/3353vvs.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2m5aqls.jpg

one of the star-like stool
http://i63.tinypic.com/207t21g.jpg

My question is: Are these small star-like stool normal or do they resulted from a serious condition like colon cancer?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Welcome to the forum

I don't normally open links, so I can't comment on your pictures, but I will say that being aware of your bowel movements is a great idea. So few people do, because it is 'Yukki'.

The stipe of blood does seem to indicate an irritated hemorrhoid, but you will not know for sure until it is checked out by a professional. 

Any kind of change in bowel habits should be watched closley. If you feel that your changes are worrying, I would suggest you visit your GP /PCP and check it out with them. Then you can go from there. 

I wish you all the luck in the world; and hope that your symptoms are nothing more than hemerhroids and food related. 

TRU

• robertl03
    robertl03 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017 #3
    Trubrit said:

Welcome to the forum

I don't normally open links, so I can't comment on your pictures, but I will say that being aware of your bowel movements is a great idea. So few people do, because it is 'Yukki'.

The stipe of blood does seem to indicate an irritated hemorrhoid, but you will not know for sure until it is checked out by a professional. 

Any kind of change in bowel habits should be watched closley. If you feel that your changes are worrying, I would suggest you visit your GP /PCP and check it out with them. Then you can go from there. 

I wish you all the luck in the world; and hope that your symptoms are nothing more than hemerhroids and food related. 

TRU

Thanks for your suggestion

Thanks for your suggestion and wishes. I will show my GP the change of bowel habits.

• Amberdee92@icloud.com
    Amberdee92@icloud.com Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019 #4
    Hi Robert

Hi Did you find out if the shape of your stool in picture 4 was caused by  hemerhroids or cancer? 

I have been experiencing the same thing and a lot of stomach pain. I’m only 27 and my doctors have put it down to IBS. But also don’t think bowl cancer has been concidered because of my age even though it’s been in my family’s medical history. 

any advice will be appreciated. 

Kind regaurds 

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Hi Robert

Hi Did you find out if the shape of your stool in picture 4 was caused by  hemerhroids or cancer? 

I have been experiencing the same thing and a lot of stomach pain. I’m only 27 and my doctors have put it down to IBS. But also don’t think bowl cancer has been concidered because of my age even though it’s been in my family’s medical history. 

any advice will be appreciated. 

Kind regaurds 

Amber

This post is two years old and he has never posted back about his diagnosis.  It would be a good thing if you are having  blood in your stool or different shape to consult your doctor about getting a colonoscopy.  Please start another post individually to get more responses.  Wishing you the best.

Kim