Surgery tomorrow

Retcenturion
Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member

My Surgery is tomorrow afternoon. I was given Diagnosis on St Patricks Day and the Kidney is being removed on Easter Monday..kind of ironic in a Divine Intervention way. The Sciattica pain from the Herniated Disc which led to Diagnosis has lessened through PT..I can now sleep a few hours in bed before going to recliner. The Neurotonin 100mg given by PCP did nothing for nightime relief I gave up using it as I got closer to tomorrow.

I have gone back almost half way on this Forum's  prior Posts. As a newbie I can't stress enough how valuble that is... I will read all of them.Although there are people who can no longer voice their experiences on this Forum, their words are here as long as this Forum is running. They are being introduced to a whole new group of scared individuals needing help not knowing where to turn.

I have my family,friends and neighbors offerring needed help. I have my new recliner,lumbar wrap,ice packs, and new larger clothes. Went for a long walk at beach last night with my wife and a few beers & pizza , a favorite stress reducer for us.Not too sure what the new normal will be on beer & pizza after tomorrow.Quiet dinner tonight with the kids. I don't have to do a cleanse which I am grateful for. Up early for last bite before the Surgery. I Have faith that my Surgical Team will be able to remove my nightmare. I hope  that when I come back here I will have good news but that is out of my control. I am not a techno guy so it maybe awhile.

thank you for your thoughts and prayers 

Comments

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 619 Member
    Best wishes for a boring

Best wishes for a boring surgery and a great outcome.  Just follow the nurse's directions and you'll make a good recovery.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited April 2017 #3
    Sending good karma

Ret,

Sending good karma. May you have an uneventful surgery. I would say painless, but I would be laughed off this board.

Icemantoo

• Dutch1
    Dutch1 Member Posts: 152
    Your effort to be prepared

Your effort to be prepared for your surgery shows considerable wisdom.  You should be ready for this ... as well as anyone can be ready.  Try to remember what you've learned.  My experience has some similarities to yours and if I can deal with the surgery and recovery, it's certain that you will too.  Be patient.  You've got plenty of support; that's a great thing.  Going forward after the surgery, I am convinced that friends, prayers and diet all are big contributors to being able to live with cancer.

Best wishes and you have my prayers.

Dutch

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Best wishes for fast recovery

It will be over before you know it .. remember to walk a lot, it really helps.

Kim

• sandy23
    sandy23 Member Posts: 143 Member
    Thinking of You

We are thinking of you and sending extra prayers your way!!  You will do just fine!!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Did I hear

Pizza and beer? The standard meal of RCC champions! So far you are doing this right!

• DAC677
    DAC677 Member Posts: 59
    Best Wishes

I am a total believer in preperation. I didnt think much of it before my surgery but my surgeon insisted on some european regimen of a lot of ensure and some cleansing and antibactereal soap showers and a few other things. Their stats showed a faster recovery time with that regimen and i think it worked.

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Good luck retcenturion

And please let us know how you go.

Steve.

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited April 2017 #10
    Thinking of you and your care team...

I'm thinking of you and your care team this evening ("care team" including the medical types as well as your family, neighbors, friends...). I imagine you're probably somewhere at the "Whoa, did anyone get the license plate of that truck" stage. As you're less sleepy, walking is a great way to get rid of the pains from the gas, then napping is a great way to recover and heal. 

Looking forward to hearing your updates.  Take care --

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Thinking of you.. hoping you

Thinking of you.. hoping you are on the mend. You are so well prepared. And I like how you partied in all the right ways!!

Looking forward to hearing from you with an update!

Know that WE care and will be here for you!

Warmly, Jan