Speaking of hope

Lou Ann M
Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member

i have been saying lately that there is always hope.  I proved that to myself today.  Ok, I have stage IV metistatic Serous Papillary Endometrial Andocarcinoma cancer and have been on this roller coaster for over four and a half years now.  Two weeks ago at my doctor's appointment, my oncologist tells me that the immunotherapy probably isn't working and that we are running out of option.  I have a tumor now growing between and into my spine and Vena Cava vein.  He was fraud of surgery and radiatio but still had a few options, A Match trial and still another chemo.  I left pretty dishearted. Even told him that I liked the idea of my vein starting to leak and going to sleep in Jesus arms, no suffering. in less that an hour my oncologist called himself to tell me,that he had talked to the radiologist and that he was sure that he could safely radiate this nasty invader of my body.  My oncologist was excited because this will mean that for now the tumors left will all be small.  Talking to the radiologist, today, my hope is still there.  We can never give up hope.  Maybe God still has plans for me.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

Comments

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Hope

Lou Ann, I have read your posts throughout the years. Your spirit is amazing...I will keep you in my prayers. Please   

Keep your faith and hope strong. I am sending my guardian angel to give you hope and peace. Hugs and prayers Lori ( another survivor... ) 

• henhill
    henhill Member Posts: 123
    All I can say is

God Bless you and keep you Lou Ann

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member

I wish you the best with your treatments and will continue to keep you in my prayers.  Do not ever give up hope and hopefully, there will be a cure for our cancer and all the other cancers out there down the road.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• Rubyshoes
    Rubyshoes Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2017 #5
    Thanks for sharing

I came by here tonight to check on you ladies. I was especially thinking of you. Lifting you upwards.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited April 2017 #6
    Prayers for you Lou Ann. You

Prayers for you Lou Ann. You have a wonderful doctor who explores  all avenues! I'm filled with hope for you!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited April 2017 #7
    Rubyshoes, I couldn't have

Rubyshoes, I couldn't have said it better.  Lou Ann, "lifting you upwards".  You are in my prayers

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited April 2017 #8
    Prayers
    You're in my prayers.
  • janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Lou Ann  Your an amazing and

Lou Ann  Your an amazing and inspiring friend.Dont ever forgetn that.

My love, Janae

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    LouAnn, As you can see by all

LouAnn, As you can see by all of the responses, you are well loved here on our board. Your spirit brings inspiration and hope to many. Thanks for sharing such a personal and emotional experience.

Question - once the radiation works its magic on the large tumor, will you go back on the immunotherapy for the small tumors?

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Lou Ann, you better start

Lou Ann, you better start planning for all the exciting things you'll be doing once this next treatment is over! Good luck with this next treatment and thank you for (always) sharing your hopeful message! Kim

• Lou Ann M
    edited April 2017 #12

LouAnn, As you can see by all

LouAnn, As you can see by all of the responses, you are well loved here on our board. Your spirit brings inspiration and hope to many. Thanks for sharing such a personal and emotional experience.

Question - once the radiation works its magic on the large tumor, will you go back on the immunotherapy for the small tumors?

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Don't know yet

i have finished 5 of 18 radiation treatments and need to ask the next time I see th radiation oncologist when and how we will know if this has worked.  I saw him yesterday  forgot to ask.  I am hoping to return to the immunotherap, but I don't know yet.  Did get an appointment scheduled with my oncologist for the week after the radiation is done.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Lou Ann M
    edited April 2017 #13
    Kvdyson said:

Lou Ann, you better start

Lou Ann, you better start planning for all the exciting things you'll be doing once this next treatment is over! Good luck with this next treatment and thank you for (always) sharing your hopeful message! Kim

Seaside

we are planning on going,to see kids and spend a few days on the ocean beach at Seaside OR in June.

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Lou Annf

You and your doctors are an incredible team. So happy they have come up with this plan. The beach awaits!

• cindy0519
    cindy0519 Member Posts: 173
    Always, always hold tight to

Always, always hold tight to hope! Prayers for you and your treatment. 

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    edited April 2017 #16
    Thank you

Thank you so much for sharing this, Lou Ann--not just the news that there are still treatment options, but your positive and generous spirit. I hope the new treatments are successful.

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited April 2017 #17
    Ahh Lou Ann

it occurred to me while I was reading your post that you said you heard this news 2 weeks ago and here you've been encouraging all of us and giving your insights and advice- you are a dear heart and such a blessing!  Sending up prayers that God continues to bless your Dr's with great ideas and that these treatments do what they are supposed to do.  Only HE knows when you've completed your mission- not one day more and not one day LESS.  Much Love and (((HUGS)))

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    Dear Lou Ann,

Dear Lou Ann,

May the Lord keep you and shine His face upon you. I love your courage and strength. Praying this radiation will lead to positive results.

Prayers and hugs,
    Rebecca

• survivingsu
    survivingsu Member Posts: 134 Member
    Lou Ann

Hi Lou Ann,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, you help so many.  It is truly amazing the strides they are making with radiation technology, so yes, it is good to keep strong and hopeful!

Wishing you the very best,

Susan

• daylady
    daylady Member Posts: 122
    Always Hope....

Sweet lady... there is always hope.  You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs! -Helen

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2017 #21
    Always thinking of you.

I've been off the board for awhile but have been thinking of you and everyone often and keeping you in my prayers. I so admire you for not really giving up even though you've been tempted to which is quite understandable when your doctor seemed to give up, too. I'm so glad he rethought things and sought help from others to be able to offer another treatment option for you. I hope the next news you get from the radiologist is positive after agreeing to subject yourself to more of it. Not easy! You are so brave and your courage helps more people in their vulnerable moments than you'll ever know. God bless you. I dont think there is anyone on this board that doesn't love you dearly.