Things I didnt expect

2»

Comments

• mapdan
    mapdan Member Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2017 #22
    swopoe said:

Aquaphor, although messy, was

Aquaphor, although messy, was a godsend for my husband. He applied it right after rads and then again before bed. Even though he is very fair skinned, he didn't get many skin effects from the rads on his neck. His doc said it was probably in part because he kept it so moisturized.

Use this stuff!!!

This was a godsend to me as well. I used Aquaphor twice a day during radiation treatments and my skin is soft and is in good shape. Messy yes but worth it. Take it from a survivor who has been there, like the rest in this forum or the caregivers who are actually angels in disguise!!!! My mom, sisters and girlfriend sacrificed alot to take care of me. I am 5 months out of treatment and my pet scan came back clean. No cancer. You still think about it everyday. It is a life changer. I have no saliva and no taste but am dealing with this as I am here.  

• SuzJ
    SuzJ Member Posts: 446 Member
    2 weeks in..

so Saturday I woke with a sore throat, lets just not add that that is an understatement.

Sunday, can't swallow anything with a lump (bye bye lumpy soups) I have blisters behind my ears?

Monday - MY THROAT HURTS!! It's on fire, today at rads, the neck felt so tight, a couple of times I was worried about cutting off my air supply. Temps up a bit tonight, still below the official "omg lets do a run to the ER" but up.

I got Eucerin, Aquaphor, and Aloe Vera - ONE will work, right?

See the nurse for labs and infusions tomorrow (yay fill me up!)

But I'm hanging in, 2 weeks down, week 3 starts tomorrow, and I have a week before next cisplatin!

• MMDowns
    MMDowns Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2017 #24
    Definitely keep mentioning to

Definitely keep mentioning to the dr and nurses that your throat hurts.  It might be time for Magic mouthwash. And magic mike ;). One of the creams will help. If not there's medicated cream your dr can and should prescribe. You're doing great!! Already week 3!!