lifetime of fun

foxhd
foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

I  have access to my medical records through the "My Chart" online system. It eliminates the need of getting copies of everything as it is available on line.

However, something truely mind boggling became apparent. I can not always remember all my treatments, results of tests, chronological order of my care, and more. Part of it has been my ability to  "let go" and move on. I now realize that is not the only reason. I get blood work done. Dr. visits, scans, consults, infusions and more. My initial records for the first 6 months were at another facility where I had my nephrectomy aren't included in the total # of appointments I have had relating to my cancer.  Are you ready for this?

I have had 368 appointments since Oct.2011 pertaining to my care for RCC and 8 admissions

368!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!  Thank god for insurance. I guess I'm into this for the long haul. I have achieved the status of rcc being a chronic disease.

Comments

• ambava33
    ambava33 Member Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2017 #2
    Fox,

Fox,

Man that is a lot of appts, but hey, looks like you are staying up on what needs to be stayed up on! Kudos to you for taking care of business and yes THANK GOODNESS FOR HEALTH INSURANCE!!! 

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    Keeping time.

I don't count, yet. I know I have a scan coming up, June, I think. Just saw my GP, so that's covered. GP didn't do blood, but my urologist will when he does the scan. This will be my 4th scan, so they are getting farther apart. This scan will be with contrast. I do day by day, one hurdle at a time. Funny how we start to keep time.

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    edited March 2017 #4
    And it means we will have Fox

around for a very loooong time!!! Cool 

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Wow. That is mind boggling!

Wow. That is mind boggling! Good thing is, those appointments worked! We have our dear Foxy here with us!

Love ya, Foxy!

Hugs

Jojo

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Whatever it takes Fox....

.....to keep you with us.....I don't care if it's 3,680!!  Surprised   But dang, that's a lot of appointments and a huge time commitment.

Donna~

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    How did I miss this post,Foxy

How did I miss this post,Foxy-baby?

I will follow you to INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jAN

• Skagway Jack
    Skagway Jack Member Posts: 224 Member
    Wow

Thats more than a year of appointments!  Just wow!  The good part is that the effort has paid off and youre still with us!  Our good fortune. Keep Flying!   Jack

• Qt34167
    Qt34167 Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2017 #9
    Keep it up!

Fox,

Six years, I will sign up for that!  I am just starting year three I think.  Keep it oing and enjoy life!

Miichael

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    edited March 2017 #10
    I was talking

wth my oncologist on fri. I told him that I cannot keep everything straight anymore. He said, "No wonder. You've got one of the largest charts." It all just blends together now.

• DAC677
    DAC677 Member Posts: 59
    MY Chart

I also use my chart

But it also helps to have a wife who is a medical records expert. When we went outside the NCI system up to the experts at IUPUI she had me sign a bunch of forms to get all my charts sent to them electronically. I think its interesting how many people dont realize they own their medical records and charts and its your right to ask for them and use them any way you like or need.