Hey Trubrit

Options
traci43
traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member

There are 4 new posts to really old threads.  Is it just coincidence or is there some sort of problem with the board?  You seem to be our moderator, if you will.  Any thoughts?  Should we contact the adminstrators or just suggest folks start a new thread?  Traci

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT a moderator....

just loquacious. 

I have noticed the older posts and often reply to them to suggest they start their own; but I find that only a few ever do, so I basically let them slide.  Its like flogging a dead horse. 

Most folks who post to the old threads come here via a google search, and they don't look at the date of the original post. No problem there, as I'm sure most have other, pressing things on their mind after a Cancer diagnosis. 

Here's a funny thing though. My very first post was an original post, and someone from antoher CSN board, told me that I was (in my own words) wasting space and that I should search first and then post to an old thread.  Not a good introduction to the forum.

I guess the new folks will hopefully learn to navigate the forum and post their own thread. 

Looking forward to meeting with you, this year. 

TRU

• GSP2
    GSP2 Member Posts: 103 Member
    edited February 2017 #3
    Options
    It is truly disheartening and saddening

to get a feel for the person and their struggle, realize the date was years ago, realize that their last post was years ago and they

have not resurfaced. Not knowing for sure, but if they had been active - presumably they passed on.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    But on the other hand

I smile a little when I see their avatars, even if it isn't a face, and remember their lives.  So many have passed. Some we do hear about, but many others we don't hear from again, and asume that they have passed. 

Love your avatar. Red-tail?

TRU

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

just loquacious. 

I have noticed the older posts and often reply to them to suggest they start their own; but I find that only a few ever do, so I basically let them slide.  Its like flogging a dead horse. 

Most folks who post to the old threads come here via a google search, and they don't look at the date of the original post. No problem there, as I'm sure most have other, pressing things on their mind after a Cancer diagnosis. 

Here's a funny thing though. My very first post was an original post, and someone from antoher CSN board, told me that I was (in my own words) wasting space and that I should search first and then post to an old thread.  Not a good introduction to the forum.

I guess the new folks will hopefully learn to navigate the forum and post their own thread. 

TRU

Thanks Sue!

So glad you didn't give up after that first post!  I guess we all have different viewpoints.  It's so nice to see you posting always welcoming the newbies.  I get so busy that I go for stretches where I don't check the board, but then I remember how much it helped me and that gets me back on the board.  Looking forward to seeing you this year, Traci

• GSP2
    GSP2 Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

But on the other hand

I smile a little when I see their avatars, even if it isn't a face, and remember their lives.  So many have passed. Some we do hear about, but many others we don't hear from again, and asume that they have passed. 

Love your avatar. Red-tail?

TRU

Thanks and yes

spotted him dive and grab his lunch

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

just loquacious. 

TRU

Picture

Ahh love the picture.  So cute.  I've got to change mine soon.  Hope all is going well.

Kim

• sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    edited March 2017 #8
    Options
    Nice to see the "old" members

Nice to see the "old" members here. :D I'm also still lurking around here...just more on the quiet side...:)

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited March 2017 #9
    Options
    OLD

I 'm "old" in both senses of the word!!  Dxed in 2009.and currently 84.  May we al become NED!

• Cinnamon Jones
    Cinnamon Jones Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Old posts

I am one of those that posted to an old post.  Thanks to someone for pointing that out.  I find that on my phone they are the most recent first.  On my laptop it's reversed.  Not sure why.  But sure appreciate the support found here. 

• BrianChristopher
    BrianChristopher Member Posts: 23
    Options
    danker said:

OLD

I 'm "old" in both senses of the word!!  Dxed in 2009.and currently 84.  May we al become NED!

Danker you are cool

Thank you Danker for your humor. My Father's favorite advice was "Keep your humor".  Advice I now keep.  So in closing " why do you never see elephants hiding in trees?     .......... Because they are good at it.

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sue, Traci, Danker, Kim...

Sue, Traci, Danker, Kim... thank you and others for posting and caring. Love and Light to you all today.

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nice to

See some "old" faces on an old post. Health and love to all of you!

easyflip/Richard