Votrient. Done.

2»

Comments

• Abunai
    Abunai Member Posts: 173 Member
    edited February 2017 #22
    Same boat

After 3 months on Votrient, I was just told today that I have 3 new mets in the bones in my lower exremeties and will be going on Opdivo.

I hope it performs better (at all) than Votrient.

Since you (rhominator) have posted that you have had "two treatments", I'm assuming it's an IV thing? (Oncologist didn't tell me and I didn't think to ask)

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2017 #23
    Abunai said:

Same boat

After 3 months on Votrient, I was just told today that I have 3 new mets in the bones in my lower exremeties and will be going on Opdivo.

Since you (rhominator) have posted that you have had "two treatments", I'm assuming it's an IV thing? (Oncologist didn't tell me and I didn't think to ask)

Opdivo (nivolumab) is an IV

Hi Abunai. Yes, Opdivo is an IV every two weeks. 

It takes one hour for the transfusion, plus ~1 hour for prep, waiting for pharmacy, etc. 

I had a choice of Cabo or Opdivo. I chose Opdivo for two reasons:

• My proxity to the hospital/transfusion center: < 10 minutes
    • Get the most "bang for the buck" regarding side effects: i.e., leverage the relatively low side effects while I'm still relatively healthy.

There's no moss growing under my feet right now.

• mrou50
    mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member
    Abunai said:

Same boat

Sorry

Sorry you did not get mileage out of Votrient, good luck with Divo

• rhominator
    Update: I'm Feeling Great!

Side effects of Votrient are almost all gone. I don't feel compromised; I feel like a "man" again. 

Had a scare due to cluster of complex migranes. Got an brain scan to assert no brain/eye swelling due to Opdivo: all clear.

Once cleared, I started riding my motorcycle again on the 4WD routes of our Nat'l Forests. I got a 2-way satellite communicator so I can message my wife or send SOS. Works even when outside of cell coverage.

Freedom!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    edited March 2017 #26
    Awesome!

Dumping votrient is like a little bit of heaven. how I wish I can ride again. Harley is gone as i have lost so much strength from nerve damage. But you might appreciate that I have been rebuilding a 1970 SL 350. Sort of the original real cross over bike. How I hope to ride it this year.

As a side note: I think the nivo is going to allow you to get real healthy. It makes me feel good following your success.

• Hd67xlch
    Hd67xlch Member Posts: 151 Member
    foxhd said:

Awesome!

Dumping votrient is like a little bit of heaven. how I wish I can ride again. Harley is gone as i have lost so much strength from nerve damage. But you might appreciate that I have been rebuilding a 1970 SL 350. Sort of the original real cross over bike. How I hope to ride it this year.

As a side note: I think the nivo is going to allow you to get real healthy. It makes me feel good following your success.

foxhd

Way back when I had a 2 stroke purple Yamaha 100 and my best buddy had a Honda SL 100, like 1974 or so, we lived to ride those bikes after high school.  Good luck on the restoration, I do that on the side for a living, right now Im restoring a 1968 HD xlh Sportster. I have a real bad addiction, well I have more than one addiction but since were talking about bikes I wont mention the others, I restore them and cant bring myself to sell them, right now I have a 67xlh, a 67xlch, a 68xlh, a 76 flh and a 2003 xl 1200. The 67 xlch I got for high school graduation present in 1976 from my parents. How time flies. Good luck.

• rhominator
    edited March 2017 #28
    foxhd said:

Awesome!

Sweet!

Looks like it could be a fun bike, fox. Gonna put knobbies on it?

• foxhd
    Hd67xlch said:

foxhd

Way back when I had a 2 stroke purple Yamaha 100 and my best buddy had a Honda SL 100, like 1974 or so, we lived to ride those bikes after high school.  Good luck on the restoration, I do that on the side for a living, right now Im restoring a 1968 HD xlh Sportster. I have a real bad addiction, well I have more than one addiction but since were talking about bikes I wont mention the others, I restore them and cant bring myself to sell them, right now I have a 67xlh, a 67xlch, a 68xlh, a 76 flh and a 2003 xl 1200. The 67 xlch I got for high school graduation present in 1976 from my parents. How time flies. Good luck.

I get it.

Do you do guitars too? I don't understand people who don't have these sort of hobbies. I really hope to get my vw camper on the road this year too.

• foxhd
    I think I'll

have to start with riding around the neighborhood first. I look forward to attending a couple rallies this year. I'll have to camp with my truck but thats ok. I've been telling people that I didn't give up riding, I'm just retired. A lot of years, a lot of miles. So many friends and stories. Right guys?

• rhominator
    edited March 2017 #31
    foxhd said:

I think I'll

have to start with riding around the neighborhood first. I look forward to attending a couple rallies this year. I'll have to camp with my truck but thats ok. I've been telling people that I didn't give up riding, I'm just retired. A lot of years, a lot of miles. So many friends and stories. Right guys?

Right On!

I was about to sell all my bikes when it looked like my arm was gonna fall off from the matastisis.  My wife said no!  So glad I didn't.

Will probably sell my Honda XR400 as I can't risk a major get-off lest I break the weakened arm.   When I get more strength back I may try some two-up riding on the BMW K1200LT. 

My #1 bike as has always been my R1200GS. Love that bike!! A perfect fit. It's been up to the Arctic Circle and offroad through the Mojave desert.

I hope your new ride delivers everything you hope for.  I look forward to progress reports.

• rhominator
    edited March 2017 #32
    foxhd said:

I get it.

Do you do guitars too? I don't understand people who don't have these sort of hobbies. I really hope to get my vw camper on the road this year too.

I Play the Blues

I play a Gibson Les Paul on a Mesa Boogie Express tube amp.

Fox? Others?

• foxhd
    edited March 2017 #33

I Play the Blues

I play a Gibson Les Paul on a Mesa Boogie Express tube amp.

Fox? Others?

primarily

acoustic. 3 old Martins.

• Abunai
    Abunai Member Posts: 173 Member

Update: I'm Feeling Great!

Side effects of Votrient are almost all gone. I don't feel compromised; I feel like a "man" again. 

Had a scare due to cluster of complex migranes. Got an brain scan to assert no brain/eye swelling due to Opdivo: all clear.

Once cleared, I started riding my motorcycle again on the 4WD routes of our Nat'l Forests. I got a 2-way satellite communicator so I can message my wife or send SOS. Works even when outside of cell coverage.

Freedom!

That's great to hear!

My own break from Votrient felt relatively great, too. The only side effects I had to deal with were those from the pain medications.

Started on Opdivo today, so we'll see how well I tolerate that.

Get our there and ride, Rhominator!

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited March 2017 #35
    foxhd said:

primarily

acoustic. 3 old Martins.

Mmmm...

Martins are special, indeed. I went looking for a vintage jumbo Gibson (except we called vintage stuff used then) when I got my first "real" job, ended up with a Martin instead. Can't say I've ever been disappointed.

BTW, here's a Martin guitar, being taken for a test-drive.  Enjoy -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBOfm-nj1dU&nbsp;

• foxhd
    edited March 2017 #36
    One big life adjustment

I've had to make is learning to live broke. I could never afford another Harley. Or a new car. Certainly couldn't afford a new Martin.  I've got a'70 D-28, 01 00016, and a '34 0-17. I was back to playing well earlier this winter. I was very excited. but I've lost some motor control in my fretting hand. It is changing my style. I cross pick with emphasis on bass with partial chords and fills. Instead of pounding out tunes, my guitars get a chance to be heard as a Martin should. I'm no star but I can hold my own. Learning to play has been one of my most satisfying accomplishments.

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited March 2017 #37
    Ok guys and gals, I don't

Ok guys and gals, I don't build bikes, or anything, but I SING and in harmony!!! HA!

Jan

• foxhd
    edited March 2017 #38
    I did not know

that click and clack were bluegrassers. I don't think anyone else would want that box though. Jan, you sing in harmoney. I'll sing in the shower. I think I mentioned once before that my father said I sang flat. Actually what he said was, "You sing flatter than piss on a rock."

• Aptos guy
    Aptos guy Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2017 #39
    Optivo

Great! Hope the Optivo works well for you. I will be very interested to hear how you do with it, as I have been approved for Optivo when the Inlyta that I am on now fails.

All the best!