5 years NED

impactzone
impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
Very good news from Stanford late yesterday. scan and blood work were all clear. This makes it 5+ years since the last recurrence and grants me admission to a smaller club, (but thankfully growing larger...), of longer term “survivors”. I now enter a different phase of study and monitoring. ( I don't know who's happier, me or my insurance company).  I will say I am now very worried about keeping all those promises to myself of what I would do if I get through this…

Positive stories were so important to me as after a Stage 4 dx. Well, its taken longer than others after the 4 thoracic surgeries, liver, colon chemo, pulmonary embolisms... but I just made a 5 year mark since last recurrance. Stanford asked me to come back in 2 years unless something shows up. I was even given the option of "firing" my oncologist... NEVER... I do have a survivors guilt as each person I talked to especially when I was doing chemo and surgeries was so special. I don't post as often as many have moved on, gotten better or like me, tried to forget some things. I will never forget the kindness late at night reading a post or rereading the good news and hoping that could be me.

To all who have prayed, helped, mowed lawns, talked, hugged, taught, families, doctored, nursed....thanks seems so small

Cancer.... your fired

Chip

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    And now....

we read your stroy and want to be in your shoes, one day. 

Congratualtions! 

For the second time this week (Marbleotis also celebrating the big FIVE) I post a very Happy Dancing Man.

Happy Dancing Man

• blessed39
    blessed39 Member Posts: 90 Member
    "How I Beat Stage Four Colon Cancer"

Dear impactzone. If you would be interested in reading my story "How I Beat Stage Four Colon Cancer" just go to my page

blessed39 and click on blog and my story will come up. I don't give medical advice, just what worked for me. God bless

blessed39

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited February 2017 #4
    Good one Chip

Nobody ever said survival was easy but it's definitely worth doing. Hoping you have a clear run for a very long time, Ron.

• Joan M
    Joan M Member Posts: 409 Member
    edited February 2017 #5
    Congratulations Chip!

Congratulations Chip!

Your victories against this dreadful disease bring hope to those of us still in the trenches ... and those not yet diagnosed.

If even one person can survive long term, then there is hope for the rest of us.  It seems as thought there is a growing number of long term survivors of colon cancer and many others.  

I look forward to your updates as time goes on.

God Bless you!

Joan M

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Excellent

No - super excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited February 2017 #7
    Wonderful

That is great news.  I've been following your story for a long time and you have been through a lot so glad to hear that things are going great for you. 

Kim

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Chip, it's a great milestone,

Chip, it's a great milestone, and you don't have to do anything to deserve this new lease on life, so chuck the guilt and enjoy the freedom...................................Dave

• Travis8
    Travis8 Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2017 #9
    Congratulations Chip. That's

Congratulations Chip. That's the best news I've heard all day and I don't even know you. We do share common experiences and I am so happy for you. 

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    edited February 2017 #10
    Wonderful news!

Congratulations Chip!  That's wonderful news.  So happy for you.  Traci

• xNTP
    xNTP Member Posts: 38 Member
    feeling Chipper

Congratulations.

So glad you're there and told us.  Stage 4 people need to know that they can diligently Chip away at this stuff and WIN.

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited February 2017 #12
    :)

NED

• mozart13
    mozart13 Member Posts: 118
    Congrats!

that is great news

• impactzone
    edited February 2017 #14
    NewHere said:

:)

NED

really cool, made me smile, Thanks

Chip

• impactzone
    ron50 said:

Good one Chip

Nobody ever said survival was easy but it's definitely worth doing. Hoping you have a clear run for a very long time, Ron.

Congrats to you as well. All

Congrats to you as well. All my best

Chip