Radiation on my neck

Options
2»

Comments

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I made it

i took the prescription for an an hour bebire the treatment started and all went well.  They also played country hymns and that also helped.  The therypists were  very aware of the problem and some things set up ahaed of time so it didn't take as long as it could have.  Thanks for prayers and thoughts 

Lou Ann

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My previous post

Congrats! My previous post was a day late I guess.  So glad you made it through. I hope the side effects are very minimal for you.

Take Care.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,688 Member
    edited January 2017 #24
    Options
    Third time the charm

so glad you got through it, Lou Ann.  You are an inspiration for me.

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness!

I'm sure it still wasn't easy, but I hope knowing you got through it today will make each successive treatment that much easier for you. Congratulations! Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers every day that putting yourself through this accomplishes what its supposed to.

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited January 2017 #26
    Options
    Thank God

Best news Lou Ann. Little things make such a difference. 

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited January 2017 #27
    Options
    That is great news!!!

So glad your team finally got on board and fixed  things so it didn't take as long and that the meds worked.  Music is such an amazing thing and I have no doubt it helped bring you peace.  Continued prayers and warm (((HUGS)))

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Great news Lou Ann! I hope it

Great news Lou Ann! I hope it will continue through your treatments!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Lou Ann

Did you tell us what your schedule is?  Do hope it gets easier.  As MAbound did, I googled the masks.  Ugh!

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 790 Member
    edited January 2017 #30
    Options
    So glad to hear it, Lou Ann.

So glad to hear it, Lou Ann. Let us know how you're feeling now that the treatments have started and if there is any support we can provide to you. Sending positive vibes your way!

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited January 2017 #31
    Options
    Im glad Lou Ann.  Thanks for

Im glad Lou Ann.  Thanks for sharing your updates.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited January 2017 #32
    Options
    Only 2 more

Only 2 more radiation treatments to go.  The meds are helping and I am listening to country hymns while I am pinned down.  Luckily it does not last too long.  They say I can take my mask along on the last day.  Not sure what I will do with it except to remind me never to complain about chemo again.  No side effects yet,but they say it takes awhile for the radiation to start working and that I might get a rather sore throat.  The meds make me sleepy so I sleep most of the way home and then most of tha afternoon.

Hugs and prayers, LouAnn

• henhill
    henhill Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Best wishes

I am praying for you, Lou Ann.  I had radiation last year and had dislocated one of my ribs during that time.  Oh, the pain of lying there I will never forget!  Two more and done, my friend, and you are a brave soul to keep going back.

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 790 Member
    edited January 2017 #34
    Options
    Lou Ann, you are an

Lou Ann, you are an inspiration. Only 2 more to go! You can do this!

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited January 2017 #35
    Options
    Yay- only 2 more!

I am SO GLAD it is easier with the meds and music!  You are doing great  (((HUGS)))

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Save that mask for Halloween decoration!

Put in a closet and don't think about it until October.  Glad to hear you are weathering the treatment and getting close to finishing it!

Chris

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    So glad the treatments are

So glad the treatments are almost done! You are an inspiration!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,448 Member
    edited January 2017 #38
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Save that mask for Halloween decoration!

Put in a closet and don't think about it until October.  Glad to hear you are weathering the treatment and getting close to finishing it!

Chris

I agree, Chris.  I am a

I agree, Chris.  I am a creative person so I would probably want to paint the mask and hang it somewhere.  I took the (what seems to be) glow in the dark dialators with me after my external radiation.  Joked with my friends that we would make them in to a string of "lights" to hang off the porch!  

SO happy to hear you are getting through this, Lou Ann.  We are all cheering for you.

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I feel the way the others do.

I feel the way the others do.  glad you are almost done.  Love janae

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Lou Ann - you got this! So

Lou Ann - you got this! So glad you are almost done. Please let us know how this impacts you.

I'm looking forward to hearing that all those darn neck tumors are gone.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited January 2017 #41
    Options
    Lou Ann M said:

I made it

i took the prescription for an an hour bebire the treatment started and all went well.  They also played country hymns and that also helped.  The therypists were  very aware of the problem and some things set up ahaed of time so it didn't take as long as it could have.  Thanks for prayers and thoughts 

Lou Ann

Lou Ann,

Lou Ann,

Happy to hear that everything went well this time.  Hugs and prayers,

Kathy