I do have some "temporary" good news from my oncologist visit on 12/27

cheerful
cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member

Hi Ladies:

I wanted to update you ladies on my oncologist visit on Tuesday.  My CA level went down to 63 down from 134 in Sept. I was "shocked" the level came down so much.  I was on Tamoxifen for 8 days so I am wondering if it has something to do with my level.  I had to discontinue this drug because it caused burning in my eyes.

So my oncologists (both of them) want me to Hold off right now on having chemo done. They want me to have another blood test done in 2 weeks to see where the level is.  Obviously, if it rises, I will need chemo done. My oncologist wants to use 4 different chemo drugs (carboplatin, taxol, avastin and doxil) should I need the chemo.  He also wants me to have a MUGA scan done for my heart because of the Doxil drug so I have an appt next Wed, the 4th to get that test done.

I did have a diagnostic mammo done today (I had a mammo in June) because they found breast calcifications in my one breast (I also had calcifications a couple of years ago as well)  so they want me to have these mammos done every 6 months.  I also have very dense breasts. Anyway, the calcifications are stable so that is a big relief in itself so I go back in another 6 months.  My Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1973 at age 50 (she is still alive and well at 93) and enjoying life and has never had a reoccurrence nor did she need chemo or radiation at that time as her cancer was caught very early.

I will keep you ladies updated when I go back and see my oncologist on January 18th and will let you know what my oncologist says then regarding the CA 125 level and see what he says regarding chemo.  

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

Comments

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    edited December 2016 #2
    That is good news.  Praying

That is good news.  Praying for you.  Keep us posted. trish

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited December 2016 #3
    Wow, great news to start off

Wow, great news to start off your new year! Wouldn't it be something if that 8 days took care of the issue? (I know that may be a stretch) I'm going to hope that your CA125 continues to drop and you can avoid the chemo alltogether!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited December 2016 #4
    Im glad you dont have to do

Im glad you dont have to do chemo (at leat for now).  Enjoy your time!!!

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited December 2016 #5
    Good news and I hope it

Good news and I hope it continues!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Me, too

fingers crossed, Jane.  Good luck.

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Enjoy your chemo break.  And

Enjoy your chemo break.  And let's hope it turns into a permanent chemo vacation.  Fingers AND toes crossed for you.

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited December 2016 #8
    That is a bright spot today :D

Thank you for sharing that!!!  It's great for today and we'll take that- a win is a win!  Prayers and (((HUGS)))

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Nellasing said:

That is a bright spot today :D

Thank you for sharing that!!!  It's great for today and we'll take that- a win is a win!  Prayers and (((HUGS)))

PS

I Love that your mom is doing so well all these many years later- excellent info to share!!!  H-O-P-E Priceless! <3

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Happy for you

Chemo vacations are awesome.  I hope yours lasts for ever.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited December 2016 #11
    Good news!

Jane:

Thanks for sharing!  Its always good to hear good news!.   Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

My best to you,

Kathy

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2016 #12
    Doing my happy dance for you!

Doing my happy dance for you! Let's hope the good news keeps coming! 

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Thank you for coming and

Thank you for coming and sharing with us, Jane.  I continue to pray for all the warriors here.  

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    I'm so glad to hear about

I'm so glad to hear about your CA125 and your "vacation."  Hopefully that vacation will last a good, long time, Jane!!!!

Love,

Eldri

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    edited January 2017 #15
    Dear Jane, I am happy to hear

Dear Jane, I am happy to hear that there is good news. I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Love,
    Rebecca

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited January 2017 #16
    So glad to hear this good

So glad to hear this good news! You deserve it - and a lot more. Here's hoping for a chemo-free 2017 for you!