Wife Diagnosed with Stomach Cancer

Bob Halsall
Bob Halsall Member Posts: 1

My wife has stage 4 stomach cancer in April 2015 and has had 4 rounds of EOX, but the Epirubicin was ceased after 1 round as she could not handle it, our oncologist has always maintained that there is no option for surgury, the cancer has spread to the peritoneum, She had a CT scan last week and the tumour has not grown or shrunk, and there is no evidence of spread anywhere else.

I would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation to see if there are alternative treatments and or surgury that may benefit her, we are able to travel anywhere in the world should it be available elswhere 

We are in Brisbane Australia and are being looked after by the Pricess Alexandria Hospital.

Thanks

Bob

Comments

• bataa
    bataa Member Posts: 1
    Stomach cancer

HI, How are you, I am in Mongolia. My wife was diagnosed with stage 3c or 4 stomach cancer had undergone surgery January 11, yesterday. Please inform any new, cutting edge treatments for signet ring cell carcinoma of stomach, Wish you family good luck in battling this disease. 

• Minniesue
    Minniesue Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2016 #3
    Stomach cancer

Not sure if we have the same but I was diagnosed March 2016 of having cancer they used the big words o primary peritoneal carcamatosis all of my cancer was in my omentum. In August I had a total hysterectom. Went through chemo before surgery and then chemo after had ct scans through out will have a scan at the end of December and we will see if it is all gone good luck to you and yours just never stop fighting.

• chinese_us
    chinese_us Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2017 #4
    bataa said:

Stomach cancer

HI, How are you, I am in Mongolia. My wife was diagnosed with stage 3c or 4 stomach cancer had undergone surgery January 11, yesterday. Please inform any new, cutting edge treatments for signet ring cell carcinoma of stomach, Wish you family good luck in battling this disease. 

Hello, are you available to ask questions?

Hello, are you available to ask questions?