Urethra cancer

leamon
leamon Member Posts: 39
edited October 2016 in Kidney Cancer #1

This may not be the place to post thisbut I don't see abetter place.

My wife was diagnosed with low level cancer in the urethra from the kidney to the bladder.  She is scheduled for surgery Nov. 18.  They don't think there is cancer in the kidney or bladder but they expect to take the kidney.  She is 83 yrs. old.  Anyone that has had a kidney romoved and/or similar cancer, we would appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance,

leamon

Comments

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Best wishes to your wife

I noticed that you joined in January 2012?  What has happened in the last, almost, 5 years?  Your "about me" page is blank.

I'm a bit confused as to why they expect to take the kidney if they don't think there is cancer there?

Donna~

• leamon
    I joined in about 2012

I joined in about 2012 because of prostate cancer.  I am starting treatment (HT) today.  My wife was diagnosed a couple of months ago.  They think the urethra will be too short to reconnect the kidney to the bladder.  I think, also that the cancer is closer to the kidney than the bladder.  It may be that experience tells them that it may have reached the kidney.  Maybe they will find out they don't need to take it.  I would think it is a much more serious operation to remove the kidney.  Thanks.

leamon

• leamon
    edited December 2016 #4
    The operation was Nov 18.

The operation was Nov 18.  The tumor was about the size of a golf ball and they took the kidney also. She got out on the 21st and is doing great.  Some pain but mostly gone now. Dr. says they will keep check on her for a while in case any was left.  She goes with me every day for my treatment.

Thanks,

leamon

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    edited December 2016 #5
    Happy to know that things are

Happy to know that things are under control

Wishing you and yourwife health

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited December 2016 #6
    All the best...