Stage 4

Anyone a stage 4 survivor or fighter??

Comments

• Will Doran
    Will Doran Member Posts: 207 Member
    Yes

Sadie. 

Yes,   I was a Stage pT3bN1, which is about one tick from a Stage 4.  I was told my cancer was very aggresive because of the Gleason score.  My doctors treated me as if I were a Stage 4.  They said they were going to be very aggresive and they were.  I started with a PSA of 69, Gleason 7 (3+4).  Had Robotic Assisted Surgery, Two years of Lupron and 8 weeks, 5 days per week of radiation to the Prostate Cavity, as clean up, after being in Lupron 2 months to weaken any remaining cancer cells.   It was / is tough battle, but that's behind me now and I'm 3 years past diagonis, and hoping for the best.   

Love, Peace and God Bless

Will

• stage 4

sadie:

see my comment under hope ??

• Sadie marie
    Sadie marie Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2016 #4
    Won't do surgery in lymph

Won't do surgery in lymph nodes

• CowboyBob
    CowboyBob Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2016 #5
    Won't do surgery....

You may want to keep you comments in just one thread,,,,

You seem fixated on that fact that your surgeon won't do surgery because of the positive lymph node.  In my opinion, you should be HAPPY the surgeon did not continue with the prostate resection. Your man (and you) would have to deal with the significant side effects of surgey only to need radiation anyway.

• Sadie marie
    CowboyBob said:

Won't do surgery....

You may want to keep you comments in just one thread,,,,

You seem fixated on that fact that your surgeon won't do surgery because of the positive lymph node.  In my opinion, you should be HAPPY the surgeon did not continue with the prostate resection. Your man (and you) would have to deal with the significant side effects of surgey only to need radiation anyway.

Not really doc said he wouldn

Not really doc said he wouldn't if in lymph nodes I am fixated on the fact that even though bone scan was clean doc doesn't give him much of a chance more than couple years because of lymph nodes. Ti thought when they said bone scan was clean we had a fighting chance.

• oldcoach
    oldcoach Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2016 #7
    lymph nodes survival ???

Lymph nodes::: Found after surgery in one of them.  Can't find much hope out there

• Sadie marie
    edited October 2016 #8
    Now they are saying 2nd bone

Now they are saying 2nd bone scan not clean 3 spots on hip area. They won't do radiation.