Did not qualify for immunotherapy

Options

I cannot sleep tonight. Today we went to see an oncologist for the upcoming immunotherapy trial for endometrial cancer. Mum did not qualify for it as she is not "fit enough" for a trial. This was my last hope! The chemo does not seem to be working as mum's breathing is getting worse. She cannot even walk now. And to make it worse when i asked the oncologist if mum can try again in a few months when she is better i was told in her experience people in my mum's stage never recover. Now i am out of ideas, treatment options and have lost all hope. I HATE CANCER!!!

Comments

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited October 2016 #2
    Options
    Oh Diya, I'm so sorry to hear

Oh Diya, I'm so sorry to hear this. Cry

Do you think it is time to get Hospice involved to help you and your Mom? They are a wonderful organization of caring people that can help guide and support you through the next many steps ahead. While there is always hope, you still need help along the way. I don't know if there is something like Hospice where you live. I'm making an assumption there is.

Praying for and hugging you both!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited October 2016 #3
    Options
    Oh dear SO SORRY!!!!

This is just the worst news to get and feeling to have and I am truly so very sorry!!!!  We will be praying for you and your mum as you continue your journey. 

Cindi made a great suggestion- hospice was so wonderful to our families in the past.  They have so much information and practical ideas and the support they give is so needed.

Make the days count, say the things you want/need to say, LISTEN to what she may want/need to say.  I don't know if you read much but I've found Love, Medicine & Miracles by Bernie S. Siegel, M.D. to be very powerful and comforting.

Much LOVE and (((HUGS))) and Prayers - we are here for you Kiss

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    edited October 2016 #4
    Options
    So sorry to here this.  As

So sorry to here this.  As Cindi states, get Hospice to come help if you can.  It is a good thing to have to help your Mom and the family out.  Will be praying for your mom and the family during this time. trish

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited October 2016 #5
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your mum.

I'm so sorry about your mum. I agree with the rest. Hospice can be a very great help. Praying for you all.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,370 Member
    edited October 2016 #6
    Options
    Diya, I am sorry.  No doubt,

Diya, I am sorry.  No doubt, this is very hard for you and your family.  I know hospice sounds like you have given up, but as much as you love your mother - and we know you love her with all your heart, maybe this will help her. At the end of the day, you want to do all that you can to help your mother and I think hospice might be that answer. 

My heart is breaking for you.  I am so sorry.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Diya, I am sorry.  No doubt,

sorry, it was a double post

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    So sorry

I am so sorry to hear this..  it has to be so hard.  Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for the both of you.  You have some good suggestions here.  Hospice is a good possibility.  My mother was in hospice for quite awhile and they took such good care of her.  They provided much to make her more comfortable, and were a real voice to make sure she had good treatment and care.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited October 2016 #9
    Options
    I am so very sorry about what

I am so very sorry about what is going on.  Know that i am praying for you and your mom.  May you find the strength to do what you feel right to do.  Hospice took good care of my grandma.

Lots of love, janae

• henhill
    henhill Member Posts: 123
    edited October 2016 #10
    Options
    Diya

No words can express..... just prayers said in solidarity with you.   May God hold you gently, sister.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2016 #11
    Options
    I can feel your heartbreak

I can feel your heartbreak from here.  I agree with the others - if there is hospice available to you, consider using it.  My aunt went on hospice and actually got better.  Originally they had said there was nothing they could do, but she went on for almost another year in fairly decent health.

There is always hope ((Diya))).

Love,

Eldri

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2016 #12
    Options
    I am so, so sorry that you've

I am so, so sorry that you've gotten this news. Is the oncologist who told you that your mum would not recover the only oncologist at the Center where she is being treated? If not, is there a possibility that another oncologist could give you their opinion? It doesn't seem fair that one doctor's opinion is the end-all, be-all. There may be other doctors who've had a different experience with patients at that stage who have recovered. Please don't give up hope yet. Where there is life, there is hope. Wishing you and your mum comfort and peace no matter what you decide. Kim

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    So sorry

to hear you've been given this news.  However hospice is a wonderful resource.  I have known of people who have gone into and come out of hospice, so take some hope from that.  Strength and peace to both of you.

Chris

• Diya
    Diya Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2016 #14
    Options
    Thankyou everyone so much for

Thankyou everyone so much for your support. I must admit when i first read your messages i started crying. I did not want to hear the word hospice. We actually dont have this in australia anyway. But it still made me very sad. I am ok now.  I am very greatful for your support though! Mum has been in hospital for last 3 days. She has a chest infection. I am not giving up on her. I really liked "where there is life there is hope" and i am going to move forward with that. Now just praying she recovers and comes home soon. Hugs to all of you lovely ladies.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add

Both my,father and my grandmother lived well over a,year after my mother was told that they each had only a,few weeks left to,live.  No one knows how.much time we have on this,earth.  As I have said before. You never know when you might walk out,of your house and have an airplane land on you.  Enjoy the time you have with your mother.

Hugs and prayer, Lou Ann