Scan Results - No Worries

rhominator
rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
edited October 2016 in Kidney Cancer #1

Just an update.  Got my PET/CT scan results recently -- no change: nothing shrank, nothing grew.  Four months ago a PET/CT shows some activity in the lungs, so we upped the Votrient from 400mg to 600mg.  Seems to be working.  So, will stick it out with current 600mg Votrient regiment. Another scan in three months.

An aside. Earlier this month I took a two day break from Votrient. Wow! I felt like Superman for a few days. It was a major reset from the side effects. Things have slowly reverted back, but not as severe -- so far.  My doctor OK'd a regular 1 or 2 day break to retain quality of life.

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Keep up the good work

Keep up the good work.

Icemantoo

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,069 Member
    Good to hear about stability!

Good to hear about stability!

• gregslovey
    gregslovey Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2016 #4
    That's wonderful

Glad your scans look good!  We are hoping for the same in two weeks......since the scalp lesions are now gone, I am very excited to see what went on inside...

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited October 2016 #5
    Great News

Glad to hear it. Hope it continues like this!

Todd

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Stability

Is good news. Make the most of the days off the Votrient :-)

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Rhom

you've learned how to play the game well.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 973 Member
    I can only guess

Based on your profile picture, I can only guess what you are doing on your "off" days.  If I'm correct, enjoy the ride, Rhominator!

Stub

• rhominator
    edited October 2016 #9
    I love motorcycles!

Trips to the Arctic Circle and offroad thru the Mojave Desert have become just (good) memories of adventure and adrenaline. Now, I gingerly ride down dirt forest service roads because of the fear that I don't have the strength to pick up a dropped bike -- surprisingly, that fear generates a fair amount of adrenaline and keeps the heart rate up.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Thanks for sharing good news

Thanks for sharing good news and keep fighting

Forough

• mrou50
    mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member
    edited October 2016 #11
    Stable

Glad to hear things are stable for you at this time I hope that it stays that way for a long time.  I remember when I was on Votrient and my doctor gave me a two week break from it, I felt fantastic after a hew days it was a welcome break.

Mark

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member

I love motorcycles!

Trips to the Arctic Circle and offroad thru the Mojave Desert have become just (good) memories of adventure and adrenaline. Now, I gingerly ride down dirt forest service roads because of the fear that I don't have the strength to pick up a dropped bike -- surprisingly, that fear generates a fair amount of adrenaline and keeps the heart rate up.

Have you considered...

Have you considered one of the three-wheelers with two wheels in the front? Forgive me if I've just suggested the biker equivalent of your dressing exclusively in pink Hello Kitty biker clothes... I've been out of the biking loop for more than just a few years. Plus, I imagine they're not cheap. But it beats being stuck at home because you're afraid of being stuck in the great outdoors with a bike that's flopped onto its side. 

Either that, or invest in a Kick-starter campaign for a skyhook. But that could take a while. 

At any rate, glad you found a way on this stuff that's working for you --

Jerzy

• rhominator
    edited October 2016 #13
    JerzyGrrl said:

Have you considered...

Have you considered one of the three-wheelers with two wheels in the front? Forgive me if I've just suggested the biker equivalent of your dressing exclusively in pink Hello Kitty biker clothes... I've been out of the biking loop for more than just a few years. Plus, I imagine they're not cheap. But it beats being stuck at home because you're afraid of being stuck in the great outdoors with a bike that's flopped onto its side. 

Either that, or invest in a Kick-starter campaign for a skyhook. But that could take a while. 

At any rate, glad you found a way on this stuff that's working for you --

Jerzy

Umm, yeah...

Ha! That made be grin...the thought of Hello Kitty riding gear.  Riding off-road/off-pavement with an element of risk is exhilarating, at least when it ends well.

Last weekend I took my old Jeep 4-wheeling at a state off-highway vehicle recreation area where I used to volunteer and perform search and rescue on my dirt bike -- before this cancer ordeal took me offline.  Anyway, some State Park Rangers recognized me told I was still on the volunteer rolls, and that there's still a place for me to contribute, even in my weakened state.  That was encouraging!  I have some special dispensation to use my Jeep instead of dirt bikes. Cool!!