Hiker Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016 #22
    My info - First post, joined yesterday

1. Uterus

2. April 2016

3. No stage pre-op

4. Stage 1a determined at surgery

5. Mixed tumor - UPSC/Grade 3 and Endometrial/Grade 3

6. 21 lymph nodes removed, all negative - 7 para aortic, 9 right & 5 left pelvic

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited October 2016 #23
    Nellasing said:

Hi New here

1. Primary tumor location: Uterus - lower uterine segment
    2. Month/year of cancer diagnosis: April 2016
    3. Stage determined when cancer first discovered: grade only 2-3
    4. Stage determined at time of or after initial debulking surgery: Stage 3a
    5. Grade/Type of tumor: 3 Endometrial sarcoma- endometrial adenocarcinoma
    6. Quantity of Lymph Nodes Removed: 9- zero malignancy
    Hi Nella!

Welcome to the board, but sorry that you're here. This is absolutely the place to come for conversations with others who "get you".

I just read your My Space and you and I are in very similar places. Finished my chemo Aug. 31 and now wrestling with whether or not to proceed with RT. (see thread "Still Terrified" for some useful information and current discussions). I'm curious why the onc radiologist thinks you were staged wrong when that's determined by pathology from surgery? It will be interesting if he has convincing enough evidence to convince the other doctors on the board. Crossing my fingers, eyes and toes for you!

• MAbound
    edited October 2016 #24
    Hello Hiker

Welcome to you too. So sorry to read about all you had to go through to get diagnosed properly. You are in a good place here for any help and support you may need going forward. 

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    MAbound said:

Hi Nella!

Welcome to the board, but sorry that you're here. This is absolutely the place to come for conversations with others who "get you".

I just read your My Space and you and I are in very similar places. Finished my chemo Aug. 31 and now wrestling with whether or not to proceed with RT. (see thread "Still Terrified" for some useful information and current discussions). I'm curious why the onc radiologist thinks you were staged wrong when that's determined by pathology from surgery? It will be interesting if he has convincing enough evidence to convince the other doctors on the board. Crossing my fingers, eyes and toes for you!

Hi MAbound

Yes, I've been reading non stop yesterday and today!  Seems like I'm not the only one in April- Hi Hiker....

I think she thinks I was staged incorrectly because it wasn't all contained in the uterus, as they were exiting the surgery which was supposed to have taken 3 hours but which ended up taking 5 they saw something in the inflammation in the pelvic peritoneal soft tissue and it turned out to be endometrial adenocarcinoma, endometriod type, invading within stroma.  She thinks that kicks it up from 3a to 4 as a m1 instead of m0.

I believe my gyn/onc accounted for it as she did the surgery and said she probably would of staged me 1a grade 3 but for that piece she found- that's if I understood correctly.   The tumor board meets this Thurs. then I see the original Dr. for my first head to toe since I finished chemo and will ask her why they aren't on the same page.

Thank you- I look forward to checking in often and getting to know everyone Innocent prayers for you!  I sent you a PM earlier today

• MAbound
    edited October 2016 #26
    Nellasing said:

Hi MAbound

Yes, I've been reading non stop yesterday and today!  Seems like I'm not the only one in April- Hi Hiker....

I think she thinks I was staged incorrectly because it wasn't all contained in the uterus, as they were exiting the surgery which was supposed to have taken 3 hours but which ended up taking 5 they saw something in the inflammation in the pelvic peritoneal soft tissue and it turned out to be endometrial adenocarcinoma, endometriod type, invading within stroma.  She thinks that kicks it up from 3a to 4 as a m1 instead of m0.

I believe my gyn/onc accounted for it as she did the surgery and said she probably would of staged me 1a grade 3 but for that piece she found- that's if I understood correctly.   The tumor board meets this Thurs. then I see the original Dr. for my first head to toe since I finished chemo and will ask her why they aren't on the same page.

Thank you- I look forward to checking in often and getting to know everyone Innocent prayers for you!  I sent you a PM earlier today

Thanks

That's the beauty of this board, you never know who's going to be helped by what gets shared! ;-)

• DrienneB
    DrienneB Member Posts: 182
    edited October 2016 #27

My Info

1) Primary tumor location -    uterus, both ovaries, small tumor on outer rectum

2) Month/year of diagnosis - October 2014

3) Stage at surgery - IIIb

4) Stage 2 mos after surgery (before treatment) - IV (spread to liver, spleen, outer rectum again,
    nodes in lungs, kidneys, spleen, outer colon)

5) Grade/Type - Grade 3, endometrioid adenocarcinoma

6) Lymph nodes removed - 11 removed, all negative, but had lymph-vascular invasion
    31% myometrial invasion, cervix negative for tumor

7) Treatment - 6 infusions of Taxol/Carbo, no radiation, metformin
    (I originally joined a trial that added metformin or a placebo to the Taxol/Carbo-
    left trial after 2 infusions and got on the actual drug for remaining 4 infusions- still
    on metformin today)

Trish, 5 years NED, that is amazing!

Takingcontrol58

Data

Thank you, Takingcontrol58,

-j

• DrienneB
    edited October 2016 #28
    Nellasing said:

Hi New here

1. Primary tumor location: Uterus - lower uterine segment
    2. Month/year of cancer diagnosis: April 2016
    3. Stage determined when cancer first discovered: grade only 2-3
    4. Stage determined at time of or after initial debulking surgery: Stage 3a
    5. Grade/Type of tumor: 3 Endometrial sarcoma- endometrial adenocarcinoma
    6. Quantity of Lymph Nodes Removed: 9- zero malignancy
    Thanks and Welcome!

Thank you Nella, And welcome to the discussion board!

-jane

• LindyLu
    LindyLu Member Posts: 72
    edited October 2016 #29
    My info

1. Uterus, endometrial cancer

2. July 2016

3. Stage II, via vaginal ultrasound and biopsy

4. Stage IIIC1, after surgery

5. Grade 3, endometrial adenocarcinoma, with "deep invasion" into cervical stroma 

6. 16 pelvic Lymph nodes, two positive, one on each side, 2 paraaortic lymph nodes examined, both negative

• Hiker
    Hiker Member Posts: 2
    Thank you MAbound

Thanks for your kind words, I live in a remote place and not in my own country, so friendly support is welcome! I was due my 4th and last chemo this week but once again it's been delayed due to low wbc, but not the end of the world, could be much worse. 

• DrienneB
    LindyLu said:

My info

1. Uterus, endometrial cancer

2. July 2016

3. Stage II, via vaginal ultrasound and biopsy

4. Stage IIIC1, after surgery

5. Grade 3, endometrial adenocarcinoma, with "deep invasion" into cervical stroma 

6. 16 pelvic Lymph nodes, two positive, one on each side, 2 paraaortic lymph nodes examined, both negative

Thank you Lindy.

Thank you Lindy.

I hope you are feeling more like yourself with each passing day since your first round of chemo, and are doing all you can to surround yourself with the people in your life who bring you joy and laughter.

-jane

• DSNYC
    DSNYC Member Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2016 #32
    My data

1. Primary tumor location
    2. Month/year of cancer diagnosis:
    3. Stage determined when cancer first discovered:
    4. Stage determined at time of or after initial debulking surgery:
    5. Grade/Type of tumor:
    6. Quantity of Lymph Nodes Removed:

Here’s mine:

1. Uterus
    2. June/2016
    3. Stage 1-2
    4. Stage III (due to lymph node metastases)
    5. Grade : Nuclear grade 2, FIGO grade 1-2, Adenocarcinoma
    6. 4 lymph nodes (3 out 4 positive, one benign)., lymphovascular invastion, identified extensive....i dont know why 3 out 4 is considered extensive???

• DrienneB
    Lymphovascular Invasion

Hi DS,

Thank you for responding. I don't know how physicians/pathologists evaulate the lymphovascular system. I think that assessment might having something to do with appearance of cancer cells in the blood vessels in the regions of the lymphatic channels and lymph nodes. You should ask your doctor, though.

I don't know if you are in the midst of chemotherapy, or if you have had radiation. Whichever, my heart goes out to you. All of our situations differ in one way or another, but involve a host of shared experiences in trying to address this lethal threat that has so many unknowns.

Hugs to you,

jane

• DSNYC
    DSNYC Member Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2016 #34
    DrienneB said:

Lymphovascular Invasion

Hi DS,

Thank you for responding. I don't know how physicians/pathologists evaulate the lymphovascular system. I think that assessment might having something to do with appearance of cancer cells in the blood vessels in the regions of the lymphatic channels and lymph nodes. You should ask your doctor, though.

I don't know if you are in the midst of chemotherapy, or if you have had radiation. Whichever, my heart goes out to you. All of our situations differ in one way or another, but involve a host of shared experiences in trying to address this lethal threat that has so many unknowns.

Hugs to you,

jane

has a mind of its own

Hi Jane

I just returned from my post op with my oncologist. The extensive invasion is that excatly....the blood vessels from the uterus were full of cancer cells, hence so were the lymph nodes taken out...so you are correct. Who would have thunk it! That a low grade non agressive tumor could cause so much mayeh. This is worse than if it had attacked my ovaries instead! UGH!! Its a journey :)

Im scheduled to start radiation on the 24th every day with light chemo, Cisplatin every monday for a month before starting full chemo in January.

Thank you for warm thoughts and support

best, diana