and now...enter breast cancer

BC Brady
BC Brady Member Posts: 70
edited October 2016 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

On my last CT, the eagle eyes at Roswell in Buffalo, NY, discovered that "something looked different in my left breast". It has been known that I have PET scan activity "in the mammary chain from metastisized uterine cancer". But low and behold, this small mass was found right next to a uterine metz mass turns out to be a new breast cancer. The second primary cancer has kicked me out of the MATCH Trial that I was up for - but curiously, the entry medical tests for the trial was why I had the CT in the first place - so it's the ealiest of days for the breast cancer. I will have a lumpectomy Oct 11th. It was also discovered that the affected axillary uterine metz cells are showing brCA2 mutation - also a test result that would not have been done if I hadn't been applying for the trial.

So - now that I have been found to have the mutation, that has put me in line for this relatively new targeted oral chemo called Lynparza (olifarib). Divine intervention. I've been on the drug for 1 month. It has some pretty profound side effects - namely diarhea and nausea - but who hasn't lived with that their entire life since cancer? I can live with it - as long as I can LIVE with it! 

1. Did anyone get a second primary cancer after uterine?

2. Is anyone out there on the Lynparza? (8 capsules, twice a day - 16 total!)

Thanks in advance, xoxox my warriors,

Billie

Comments

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Wow, you are such an inspiration!

Billie, wow, you are such an inspiration to see the silver lining in what you just experienced. Uterine cancer is my second primary cancer and I have no experience with Lynparza but wanted to wish you all the best of luck on this new journey you are facing. If you feel up to it, please keep us updated on how the Lynparza is working for you. Wishing you strength and continued hope, Kim

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    I agree with you, Kim.

I agree with you, Kim.  Billie and Lou Ann are truly an inspiration to me!

Billie, I am so sorry to hear about the breast cancer. As you said, it was caught very early, so I hope it gets knocked out quick

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Billie, So glad they caught

Billie, So glad they caught the breast cancer early! You are an amazing fighter and your attitude will get you through this next battle. I hope your side effects level off and you don't get any new ones to deal with. Please keep us updated on your progress!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    So sorry to hear this, but so

So sorry to hear this, but so glad it was caught early.  It's funny how things work out,sometimes. Good you were having the test or it may not have been caught so early. 

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Uterine cancer is my second

Uterine cancer is my second primary cancer.   I am glad your breast cancer was caught early and love love love you attitude.

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Unfair!!!

No one should have to fight this war on more than two fronts!  Though as everyone has said, it appears you caught it early.  And now you are on the forefront of new treatment with the Lynparza.  You have my utmost admiration and continue to inspire.  Fight on!

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    edited October 2016 #8
    Chicken or the egg?

Billie - My uterine and breast cancers were diagnosed 4 days apart.  I have no idea which one came first but I was told that it is not unusual for a woman to have both breast and endometrial cancers over the course of her life.  My endometrial cancer was early stage low grade endometroid adenocarcinoma.  I have a really good friend who also got the 2-fer.  Like me, both of her cancers were diagnosed early.  In hindsight, I guess there are some silver linings to getting them both diagnosed at the same time.  I can't imagine being in your shoes and being treated for one and then having to face another.  Arghhh.   My best wishes to you as you deal with this. 

Suzanne

• brissance
    brissance Member Posts: 192
    Not Fair

It is so unfair.  I am thrilled, however, you caught it so early.  No words of wisdom as you seem to have your act together and ready to fight the beast.  God bless you, dear lady.  We are here for you.  

Patty

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    I'm so sorry,  Billie,  but

I'm so sorry,  Billie,  but talk about making lemonade out of lemons.   I hope this new treatment has positive results.   Please keep us updated!  (((Billie))) 

Love, 

Eldri 

• BC Brady
    Gosh I love this group

Thank you all - will update after Tuesday.

• DrienneB
    DrienneB Member Posts: 182
    Silver Lining

So glad this was discovered early, Billie. Strange how all of this stuff plays out.

Though I don't conribute much to this site, you have been an inspiration to me too. May God carry you in his pinions throughout your surgery and in the coming weeks.  (Please don't feel like you need to respond!)

best,

j

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    My mamo appointment is

My mamo appointment is scheduled for the day after my oncologist appointment. Praying I don't have breast cancer too. So very sorry for your breast cancer diagnosis, but glad it is early!

• takingcontrol58
    takingcontrol58 Member Posts: 272 Member
    edited October 2016 #14
    Divine Intervention

Billie,

I'm so sorry about your diagnosis of breast cancer. I am sure it is quite frightening, but I know you can beat it.
    God works in mysterious ways.  Now you are getting the targeted therapy that you had hoped to receive.
    It has shown promising results for BRCA mutations.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Takingcontrol58

• BC Brady
    edited October 2016 #15
    Lynparza article

I cant recall if I shared this about the targeted chemo? I'm still hoping for immunotherapy to catch up to our disease - - but in the meantime, maybe this is working:

http://www.curetoday.com/articles/lynparza-increases-survival-for-subset-of-patients-with-ovarian-cancer?p=2

• LindyLu
    LindyLu Member Posts: 72
    edited October 2016 #16
    Bille, you're a fighter

So sorry to hear about your newest diagnosis.  What a bummer, but so glad it was caught early.   Your attitude is amazing.  Sending hugs galore!!                                                                                                                                                     

• daylady
    daylady Member Posts: 122
    Keep us posted!

Billie, I am sending healing energy your way and hoping this works for you.  Hugs - Helen

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited October 2016 #18
    Today is the day right?

Sending prayers for your proceedure today.  Blessings as you continue to live each day.  I have found I have to keep readjusting my course but the goal is still the same- to really LIVE each day- the day we have- and bounce back as soon as I can from unexpected info to get right back to LIVING and looking for each blessing, each miracle in every day.  (((HUGS)))

• ncg007
    ncg007 Member Posts: 138 Member
    Billie, So sorry for your

Billie, So sorry for your breast cancer diagnosis, but what a great attitude you have!  I hope all went well today with the lumpectomy.

Nancy

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    You're a strong woman, Billie

You're a strong woman, Billie. I admire your strength and perserverance.

Praying that your treatment yields good results and minimal side effects,
    Rebecca

• cindy0519
    cindy0519 Member Posts: 173
    edited October 2016 #21
    Another 2-fer

I too have two primary cancers -  breast (IDC Stage II) and USPC (Stage IIIC1).  I was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2015 and USPC in Sept. 2015.  Certainly was a gut punch!

Have they mentioned mastectomy rather than lumpectomy because of the BRCA2 mutation?  Just curious as it seems most with this mutation (either 1 or 2) go the double mastectomy route.   Though it does also seem to me that they try very hard these days to lead you to lumpectomy so as much breast tissue as possible can be preserved.

You certainly have a fantastic attitude and amazing strength!  Many prayers for you!