How to cop with diagnosis

Kathy85
Kathy85 Member Posts: 3

I have already posted that I need any kind of hope, strength to battle my cancer but being new to this I think I didn't do it the right way. My daughter set this up for me she thought it may help me. I read a few posts and  was moved by the kindness and support by people they only know through this ugly disease.  I have stage 4 breast cancer, I had breast cancer 7 years ago I was 46 at the time but after surgeries, chemo,  and radiation I was told I was cancer free there were no lynodes involved then. I had both breasts removed because there was a small tumors in my other breast so during reconstruction the surgeon removed the second breast. I had 7 years in and don't think I was as grateful as I should of been I should of done more with those 7 years. At a routine checkup they did my tumour markers and they were above normal so my oncologist requested a ct scan with a pet scan at the same time. The results this time was I had stage 4  cancer on my chest wall when I was told this my whole  world  clasped as did I.   This time I couldn't be cured just treatments to give me as much time as they could. I am doing chemo now called taxol the first two months were bad nausea and so tired but on my last treatment for that week they didn't know if I was to sick to receive it but I said yes I knew I would have a week off to try  to recover but it was so unbearable even when they prescripiped steroids for 3 days after they never made a difference. I guess it's a bit confusing how I just explained my chemo. I receive it on the Tuesday of each week for 3 weeks then I have one week without treatment then you start the next month for six months, I just finished my second month. I have a scan the week of October 10th and am so scared.  It would be so enccouring for me to hear people with my diagnosis that survived longer than expected or anyone who is dealing with the same. Any input I would appreciate and thank you in advance.

Comments

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    Sending you vibes for

Sending you vibes for strength and courage, Kathy85. I was stage 3 and had no masectomies, but felt moved by your post. I hope someone who's been in your shoes can answer as well. Best wishes.

• karlawel
    karlawel Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2016 #3
    Places to Go

Hi Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear about this for you......places you can turn to are " But Dr. I hate pink"....this lady is a very informative and then there is another site called "mybcteam" 

http://www.butdoctorihatepink.com/

https://www.mybcteam.com/

You will find ladies that are battle the same as you and I think it can help us with this battle!!

Blessings!!

Karla

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    edited October 2016 #4
    Journal helped me, IN HIND

Journal helped me, IN HIND SIGHT..

when I rec'd a journal as ai gift I thought it was kind of goofy, silly...after all was said and done it was helpful.

BC 2008-i have read the jourranl every now and then-things I forgot about , but I made it through...

Denise