Are there any other MMMT survivors out there?

Comments

• Flower58
    Flower58 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016 #282
    MMMT Chemo Treatments - what were your given?

Hello all,

I have been diagnosed with MMMT.  I meet with an oncologist tomorrow. What Chemo drugs were you given? What was your treatment plan?

Thank You!

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Flower58 said:

MMMT Chemo Treatments - what were your given?

Hello all,

I have been diagnosed with MMMT.  I meet with an oncologist tomorrow. What Chemo drugs were you given? What was your treatment plan?

Thank You!

MMMT Treatment Plan

Hi Flower58, so sorry that you've had to join our group. I was diagnosed with stage 1b, grade 3, uterine MMMT in September 2015. My treatment was 6 rounds of chemo ( Ifex/Mesna/Taxol) with 28 external radiation treatments "sandwiched" between the 3rd and 4th rounds of chemo. I finished treatment at the end of May 2016 and have been NED since June 2016. Hope this information helps you. Kim

• Kvdyson
    gailbeth said:

MMMT stage 1C

i was recently diagnosed with stage 1C ovarian MMMT.  i am going thru 18 treatments of taxol and Carbo and am half way thru.  i have had 4 treatments canceled so far due to low platelets.  Is this normal?  Also is there anyone els out there with stage 1c who had treatment over a year ago and if so has it reappeared?  I am very thankful it was caught early, but what I read about MMMT seems it is very aggressive and will no doubt come back.

Wanted to reach out to let you know that you're not alone.

Hi Gailbeth, I don't have the proper experience to answer your specific questions but wanted to reach out to let you know that you're not alone. I was diagnosed a year ago with stage 1b uterine MMMT and have been NED since June. From what I can tell from all the support groups I follow, MMMT is aggressive but there are many of us who are NED and living wonderful, full lives (sometimes with recurrence). Please don't give up hope! Kim

• Kvdyson
    LorySC said:

ascites

Hi all, it is conforting for me  to know that some of you are cancer free. Briefly my mom got diagnosed with MMMT the past july and after having an historectomy and chemo, recently, she has been suffering of ascites , liquid was inthe abdominal (peritoneal) cavity.  Because of that she couldn't persue radiotherapy. Did any of you have that? and if yes, what makes it better? Unfortunatly my mom is in the hospital right now and she is waiting for a MRI. hoping for the best.  Your feedback is appreciated.  

Ascites treatment

Hi LorySC, I didn't experience ascites but I believe that others on this support group have. You may want to start a new string with just that subject line so that others will reply. I hope your mom is doing okay and that you're holding-up, too. Let us know how it's going. Kim

• namedropper
    namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2016 #286
    Hi. I am a stage 2 grade 3

Hi. I am a stage 2 grade 3 MMMT uterine  cancer survivor and was diagnosed May 2014,  Had Surgery followed by Chemo and internal  radiation. I feel pretty good and will know more in Sept. Have not had a cat scan since May. 2016  I also had breast cancer in 2012 but not related to the uterine cancer.. Stay strong and keep fighting. I will give it all I have.  I love this board and all of the great people that post.   I look at it everyday and reply at times. I have RA and it is sometimes hard for me to type well.

• recently diagnosed
    recently diagnosed Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016 #287
    carcinasarcoma of the uterus

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with carcinasarcoma of the uterus. I had a 15cm tumour removed from my womb lining as well as a radical hysterectomy. I have been offered both chemo and radiation but have chosen a radical change in my diet making my body alkaline. The doctors cannot guarantee I still have cancer so the chemical route for me I did not want to go down.  My question is has anyone else rejected the traditional chemo/radiation treatment and gone to raw foods alkaline diet and survived?

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    edited October 2016 #288

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with carcinasarcoma of the uterus. I had a 15cm tumour removed from my womb lining as well as a radical hysterectomy. I have been offered both chemo and radiation but have chosen a radical change in my diet making my body alkaline. The doctors cannot guarantee I still have cancer so the chemical route for me I did not want to go down.  My question is has anyone else rejected the traditional chemo/radiation treatment and gone to raw foods alkaline diet and survived?

California_Artist

Check out her "About Me" page.  She is not very active on this board any more, but you can try PM-ing her.  She refused chemo and radiation and went with diet and other lifestyle changes.  As of the end of last year, almost 6 years.

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member

Hi recently diagnosed.  I was

Hi recently diagnosed.  I was diagnosed with carcinosarcoma back in May of 2016.  I had a total hysterectomy May 2nd 2016.  As hard as the desision was for me, i chose to do chemotherapy.  I just finished 6 rounds of it last week and now am choosing to do bracytherapy in two weeks.  There are others on this board who have this diagnosis as well.  This kind of cancer is an agressive type and I felt by doing chemo  it was my best shot at life.  I had chemo 23 years ago for a different kind of cancer and chemo saved my life then.  I didnt want to do chemo again but i did know it can save lives and so i did it.

There is also a yahoo Carcinasarcoma group that has a lot more MMT menbers.  You might want to consider joining there as well.

• Kvdyson
    edited October 2016 #290

Angel Howerton

You may also want to google Angel Howerton. She was stage 4 carcinosarcoma, went the holistic route and just celebrated her 5 year NED anniversary. Good luck to you and please let us know how you are doing. Kim

• Angelapo
    Angelapo Member Posts: 24 Member
    marti968 said:

MMMT meaning

Malignant Mixed Müllerian Tumors  I am still here after 3 years. Marti in AZ USA 

Hi Marti,

Hi Marti,

What stage did you have? How are you doing now? Thank you. 

Angela

• Kvdyson
    edited October 2016 #292
    Angelapo said:

Hi Marti,

Hi Marti,

What stage did you have? How are you doing now? Thank you. 

Angela

Hi Angelapo, welcome to our

Hi Angelapo, welcome to our group but sorry that you've had to join. This is an old post so you may not get too many responses. You might try starting a new post - even if it's just to introduce yourself. I was also diagnosed with MMMT last year and have been NED (no evidence of disease) since June 2016. There are other ladies in this group who also had that same diagnosis. We're all happy to support you in what ever way we can. Kim

• Angelapo
    Angelapo Member Posts: 24 Member
    Kvdyson said:

Hi Angelapo, welcome to our

Hi Angelapo, welcome to our group but sorry that you've had to join. This is an old post so you may not get too many responses. You might try starting a new post - even if it's just to introduce yourself. I was also diagnosed with MMMT last year and have been NED (no evidence of disease) since June 2016. There are other ladies in this group who also had that same diagnosis. We're all happy to support you in what ever way we can. Kim

Thank you! I will definitely

Thank you! I will definitely do that. We go to the surgeon to talk about the pathology report today. I'll start a new post soon. I appreciate you reaching out. 

• marti968
    marti968 Member Posts: 37
    edited January 2017 #294
    Carrie MMMT

Hello Carrie.  I am Marti.  I am 5 years March.  I do have MMMT. This is an extremely aggressive cancer.  I am sorry to say but you are not out of the woods.  This darn MMMT can creep up when you least expect it.  Each day is a blessing. I live a fairly normal life for me. I am phsically challanged so this is a little harder to deal with but there are are numerous wonderful thingw thqt hqppen in my life. I don't mean to tell you give up, never do that.  Just be certain to take good care of your self. That will atribute to a longer life span also.The worse thing is giving up.  When life isn't perfect you just do your best. I wish there was something more possible to say aout this MMMT.  

• MaryO143
    MaryO143 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017 #295
    Mmmt

I have been diagnosed with Uterine Carcinsarcomas or MMMT. I am having surgery tomorrow. I survived Colorectal Cancer 9 years ago. I read somewhere that radiation might have caused MMMT. Is there anyone out there with MMMT who also had Radiation?

I am encouraged that there are survivors out there. I have not been staged yet... so I don't know my chances yrt. 

• Kvdyson
    MaryO143 said:

Mmmt

I have been diagnosed with Uterine Carcinsarcomas or MMMT. I am having surgery tomorrow. I survived Colorectal Cancer 9 years ago. I read somewhere that radiation might have caused MMMT. Is there anyone out there with MMMT who also had Radiation?

I am encouraged that there are survivors out there. I have not been staged yet... so I don't know my chances yrt. 

Hi Mary, so very sorry to

Hi Mary, so very sorry to hear that we share the same diagnosis but please stay hopeful - regardless of the staging. You'll read many encouraging stories of ladies with every stage here. There is hope - just stay focused on healing from your surgery tomorrow and don't worry too much about what is to come next. 

I've also heard that radiation is one risk factor for this type of cancer. There are quite a few. I didn't have any of them and still ended up with it - go figure!

Once your surgery is over and if you're feeling up to it, come back to this site and start a new post letting us know how you are doing. We'll be sending out positive vibes for you tomorrow! Good luck to you and don't be a stranger! Kim

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hi, Mary

Good luck to you tomorrow.  I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best 

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Mary welcome to our group. 

Mary welcome to our group.  It is interesting that you mention your story because last May (2016) I was diagnosed with the same cancer you were.  I was told by two oncologists that my cancer was caused by the radiation i recieved for my Hodgkins Lymphoma cancer i had twenty three years ago.  I found that with my first cancer it was a little common to get another cancer years later because of the large amount of radiation given.(even with other cancers)  I dont know if  my MMT cancer (specifically) was nessasaraly because of my first cancer but its interesting that your mentioning that.  I remember when i first found out about this second cancer.  I was so upset and I will be honest I did less radiation for the treatment for this cancer than some others have had partly because of the radiation I have already had and with my doctors telling me radiation caused this cancer.  Reading up on all this and asking others that had my other cancer helped me as i went forward in my journey.

Lots of love with your new journey

your not alone

Janae

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited January 2017 #299
    Welcome Mary0143,

So glad you found this wonderful group of ladies- they are smart, supportive and there is a lot of activity daily.  I am sure sorry to hear this isn't your first go round with this!!!  I do not have your type of cancer but just wanted to cheer you on with your surgery tomorrow.  We'll be thinking about and praying for you as you get through this step.  Please do come back and let us know how it goes when you can.   (((HUGS)))

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Glad you found us Mary. I

Glad you found us Mary. I hope your surgery goes smoothly tomorrow and you get the best possible news out of this. We will all be supporting you on the sidelines! Please do come back and let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Ask us anything. Someone will most likely have an answer for you.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• BrendaRog
    BrendaRog Member Posts: 1
    Adding my name to the newly diagnosed

I am newly diagnosed with MMMT. I'm about 10 days out from a total hysterectomy, and will see my GYN Onc in 3 days. She has said chemo and radiation are a must.  So I will be back with to report my treatment plan. Ten years ago I had breast cancer, so I've been throgh chemo and rads once before.  I think I may have posted a thread here a day or 2 ago, but someone else pointed me here. I'm already in the FB group.