Taking a Hiatus

desertgirl947
desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member

I skim the board here a lot, sometimes commenting while other times just reading.

In 10 days I will be having a total shoulder replacement done.  That makes me think that getting out my laptop and typing things will, for a bit, be a chore.

My shoulder issue goes back to a sports injury in my mid-30s.  Never did heal from that completely, and that was almost 30 years ago.  Arthritis runs in my family, both sides.  So, I am sure that that, as well as age, factors in.  I tend to think that my cancer treatments have had an impact (the more involved surgery was on that side . . . the radiation therapy was on that side . . . I have taken tamoxifen for four years . . . ), speeding things up in the deterioration of my shoulder joint.  I have severe arthritis, no cartilage in the shoulder area and some small tears in the surrounding tendons. 

So, I will be back reading and occasionally commenting eventually. 

Stay strong.

Comments

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    Good luck with your surgery. 

Good luck with your surgery.  We'll miss you and your comments. 

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    DesertGirl

positive thoughts and prayers for you, your surgery and wishes for a speedy recover!

Vicki Sam

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    edited September 2016 #4
    Desertgirl

Thanks for letting us know about your surgery, so we can keep you in our prayers. We'll look forward to your return and advice!  Hugs, Linda

• 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    shoulder surgery

Wishing you good luck in your surgery. Love Surf

• desertgirl947
    thanks, friends

thanks, friends

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited September 2016 #7
    Hang in there

I pray you a speedy recovery.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Tamoxifen affects arthritis?

Tamoxifen affects arthritis? I have it terrible in my hands-started BAD while on Tamoxfen. I have seen 3 different Dr, had surgery on 2 fingers and they said JUST LIVE WITH It.

Anyhow-listen to the Drs orders-don't over do it. I can't relate-I have only had shoulder surgery (car accident) not replacement.

hugs and pixie dust on your way.

Denise

• desertgirl947
    edited September 2016 #9
    thanks, all

thanks, all

• Just_lori6
    Just_lori6 Member Posts: 76
    Hi Desertgirl~ I had shoulder

Hi Desertgirl~ I had shoulder surgery before I got cancer. I felt amazing after the surgery! Before I had the shoulder surgery I could not raise my left arm high enough to wash my hair. Soooo hopefully you'll feel amazing after your surgery 8)

Now.... after lymph node removal on the left side and radiation it hurts all over again. So long story short, I think it's good your getting it done after your treatments because it won't get messed up. 8) anyway, good luck & stay strong ~♡

• desertgirl947
    thanks -- I hear that the

thanks -- I hear that the surgery is worth doing

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Good for you!

This surgery is going to give you better quality of life. Check in with us when you are able and till then, we'll miss your good advice! Get well soon, Anna