Mea Culpa

VascodaGama
VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member

Just to inform the many reading my posts that I have been flagged out by the forum administration. Anything I post goes through the shredding machine of the admini and it is never published. The ways I express my thoughs or opinions seem to be unacceptable and I am sorry if I have stepped on someone's shoes.

Best wishes to all survivors in their continuing struggle with the bandit.

VG

Comments

• Rakendra
    Rakendra Member Posts: 197 Member
    edited September 2016 #2
    WTF?

does this mean u are banned from posting here?  If so many will leave with you.  I am a BIG fan an have never seen you out of line.  love, swami

• ob66
    ob66 Member Posts: 227 Member
    WTF #2

VascodaGama: 

I do not know the reason for this, but since my prostate cancer Dx on May 6, 2009 I have found you to be an unbelievably hard working, caring source of information. The tone of almost every post of yours that I can recall has been nothing but helpful. This adjudication is quite questionable. If it is held up, please be aware that you and your comments will be missed immensely. I cannot believe how much time you give up to help others. For that, thank you so much.

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    VASCO 

VASCO 

A couple of years ago,  I was also banned for a while. It is simple "murphy's law". The administrator needs to be contacted so they can correct this. You are an asset to this forum.

Dear Administrator.....please review this situation, and place Vasco Gama in good standing again....Thank you

Will the next person who reads this post, FLAG IT so it will be brought to the administrators attention...........Thanks.

• CSN_Simone
    CSN_Simone moderator Posts: 61
    Hi Vasco,

Hi Vasco,

Just to reiterate what CSN_Jeff posted on Rakendra's post, you have not been banned. I did check on your account and found two posts that were not published, but it was not anything that was done purposefully. The site has been going through some software updates and I believe these posts may have just been caught in a glitch. Please let us know immediately on the Contact form ( http://csn.cancer.org/contact ) if this ever happens again so that we can investigate further. I have published those posts and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Again, please let us know if this happens again.

Thanks!

Simone

CSN Support Team

• Swingshiftworker
    Swingshiftworker Member Posts: 1,017 Member
    System Changes?

I noticed that one of my posts did not get published -- it was innocuous -- and I rewrote it and it wasn't published again.  Didn't bother posting it again.  It wasn't that important.  Not sure if this was due to system changes or not.

I also noticed that I flagged a clearly "spam-like" post and it immediately disappeared, which was the 1st time I've seen that.  Usually, a flag posted will just be noted as "flagged" and stay until the SysOP actualy deletes it.  Is this one of the new system changes?

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Admin

Vasco,

I'm glad it was merely an administrative or software issue.

If it had indeed been true, I would have left this site forever -- immediatly.

max

• VascodaGama
    A glitch

Simone,

Thanks for informing about the system’s glitch. The matter caught me off guard. I even though that this thread wouldn’t come over. Now I am sorry if it has caused any apprehension to some.
    My experience was that of Swingshiftworker; repeating posts that would be queued for review by the administrator. Not banned but flagged.

I appreciate the comments of those who responded in my favor. Pasensya na po to Rakendra.

Best to all,

VG

• bob33462
    bob33462 Member Posts: 76
    VascoGama an A+ Asset to this site

Why in the world would he be flagged??

VG - if you go so do I!

Bob

• Old-timer
    Old-timer Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2016 #10
    I am with you 100% Vasco

As I am sure you know, I am in your corner. You are great. You are my friend. You provide timely, useful information. Nobody would ever censor or ban you. I appreciate and enjoy your posts.

Old-timer (Jerry)

• VascodaGama
    My "old" and respected senior friend

Jerry,

I was missing your entries in the forum. You are a special one to me and would be harsh if I ever lose your contact. Please give me your mail address. You can post it at my CSN mailbox. In fact I am still experiencing those "flag" glitchs and I7m not sure if you read this post. 

How is life at your corner. Are you still on HT? Is there any bothering symptom?

Best wishes and thanks for droping a note on my behalf.

VGama

• daytona19
    daytona19 Member Posts: 54
    VascodaGama

Hi V.G.,

Not sure what is going with these comments but you are the main reason I follow this net work? You always give great advise.

I  go back to Dr. Dattoli for scans and tests on Sept. 20 and I will let you know how they turn out.I thought the PSA was a little

high( .557) back in May but they didn't seemed worried.

daytona19  

• Old-timer
    Old-timer Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2016 #13
    I continue to do well

Vasco, I would like to correspond with you outside the board. How do I access your CSN mailbox?

I am happy to tell everybody that I am now 90 years old and a 25-year prostate cancer survivor. Just got my yearly PSA reading. After seven years of undetectable, it is now .1 rather than .1>. My urologist thinks this may be a flute; he predicts that it will come in at .1> again next year. I am not worried.

I recently finished a major project that I have been working on for 10 years. I also continue to engage in other activities that I enjoy. My bride of 67 years and I continue to move along in great fashion (considering our ages)! 

I plan to continue to speak up on the discussion board whenever I think I might be able to contribute helpful information.

I encourage everybody, especially prostate cancer patients, whatever we do, let's keep on the sunny side.

Old-timer (Jerry)

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    edited September 2016 #14
    Beautiful

Old-Timer,

Yours was one of the best posts I've ever read here.  If you had never even had PCa, your post would still be an inspiration.

max

• CC52
    CC52 Member Posts: 105 Member

I was shocked to read the first few posts. How could they do this to such a wonderful man I wondered? He means so much to this board, certainly there must be a mistake?

Vasco... I - like so many others - am thankful it was just a glitch. All's well that ends well.

A toast to you!!

• VascodaGama
    Miss Simone

Miss Simone

I wonder why I am in CSN’s cautious blacklist. Your pretended system glitch continues for more than one month and my posts are not published. I have exchanged mails with Melody and Jeff in regards to the software I use for accessing CSN forum and the timings of the glitch, but nothing has improved so far. My computer is clean of virus and many here have no such experiences. I would think that the glitch occurs only to those with their names imposed on a restricted list by CSN.

Each time I press “Submit” I get this flag popping up:
    Your comment has been queued for review by site administrators and will be published after approval

Later nothing is published without your intervention. Why?

And I still wonder if this post gets published.

Yours Sincerely,

VGama

• CSN_Simone
    CSN_Simone moderator Posts: 61

Miss Simone

Miss Simone

I wonder why I am in CSN’s cautious blacklist. Your pretended system glitch continues for more than one month and my posts are not published. I have exchanged mails with Melody and Jeff in regards to the software I use for accessing CSN forum and the timings of the glitch, but nothing has improved so far. My computer is clean of virus and many here have no such experiences. I would think that the glitch occurs only to those with their names imposed on a restricted list by CSN.

Your comment has been queued for review by site administrators and will be published after approval

Yours Sincerely,

VGama

Hi Vasco,

Hi Vasco,

It is not just you and the tech team has informed us they hope to have a fix in place by next week. We are hoping this will reslove this particular issue. I appologize for the delay, but can assure you, they are working on it and you (and others) are not on a blacklist. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Simone

CSN Support Team

• Swingshiftworker
    edited September 2016 #18

Hi Vasco,

Hi Vasco,

It is not just you and the tech team has informed us they hope to have a fix in place by next week. We are hoping this will reslove this particular issue. I appologize for the delay, but can assure you, they are working on it and you (and others) are not on a blacklist. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Simone

CSN Support Team

Me too!

FYI, this just happened to me too.

• Swingshiftworker
    edited September 2016 #19

Miss Simone

Miss Simone

Yours Sincerely,

VGama

FWIW

As I recall, the last time this happened, I was trying to load a very long post.   I was also trying to lost a very long post when it happened this time, as well.  Short posts, like this one, seem to be no problem.