WHEELCHAIR DONATION

julita128
julita128 Member Posts: 20
edited August 2016 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hello, 

My name is Julia from NYC.  My father was dx with Stage IV Colon Cancer in January of 2013.  This forum was a godsend for all my questions then.  Unfortunately My Dad recently passed in April and I find myself here to try and do good by him.

I purchased a wheelchair to help get him to appointments and around the house, but now have no use for it, but want it to go to a deserving person. 

Insurance took forever to process the script for his wheelchair and I decided to purchase one in the meantime to avoid rental fees.  Now I am hoping to help someone in a similar situation.  If you or anyone you know is in need, please do not hesitate to contact me.  I live in NYC but am willing to personally deliver it to the right person within the NY, NJ PA, CT area.  My goal is to pay it forward in my father's name. 

God bless you all!

~J

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    How kind of you to think of

How kind of you to think of others at a time like this. I'm so sorry about the loss of your dad.

Jan

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited August 2016 #3
    So very sorry to hear about your dad

i hope you are comforted by your memories. 

Such a sweet thing to offer. I know we have several here from the general area. 

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2016 #4
    Generosity

To be so generous is surly uncommon.   I hope you find some deserving person.   My sympathy on the loss of your dad!!!