tomorrow

Heyker
Heyker Member Posts: 36

Hi all

Tomorrow is surgery day. To say I am nervous is an understatement. There's a part of me that wants to run for the hills but I won't. I report to the hospital at 630 am and not exactly sure on surgery time yet.

heyker

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    I can pretty much guarantee

I can pretty much guarantee it at 99 percent (nothing is 100, after all) that your fears and imagination are a lot worse than the surgery will be. No, it's not fun and yes, there's some pain, but really it's more discomfort than actual pain, at least that's how it was for me. I made it into such a huge anxiety ridden thing that the aftermath was anticlimactic, lol. Honestly, my torn meniscus and hip bursitis were both a lot worse than my partial neph. And mine was open procedure. Wishing you all the very best and your anxiety and nervousness is totally understandable but I hope that you too will find that the reality is no where near what you imagine.

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    Heyker...

It will be so amazing to be over the surgery!  Not easy or fun but so very liberating!  You will be fine, off you go!  Let us know how well you are recovering!

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited June 2016 #4
    Painless

Heyker,

I would tell you the surgery is painless, but I would be laughed off this board.

Icemantoo

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    edited June 2016 #5
    Do this.

Sit back and watch all the highly trained professionals do their thing. Do what they say. Look forward to getting this experience behind you. And be a cooperative patient. See you after the rush.

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Running for the hills...

Depending on how much of a runner you are, how far away you are from the hills, and how steep the hills are, having the surgery could actually be way easier than running for the hills.  Hang in there, keep us posted. 

Jerzy

• medic1971
    medic1971 Member Posts: 225 Member
    Tomorrow at this time

you will be out of surgery, probably walking the halls, and that bugger will sitting in a freezer and no longer inside of you. Good luck. 

• Heyker
    Heyker Member Posts: 36
    JerzyGrrl said:

Running for the hills...

Depending on how much of a runner you are, how far away you are from the hills, and how steep the hills are, having the surgery could actually be way easier than running for the hills.  Hang in there, keep us posted. 

Jerzy

Thanks for the laugh jerzey.

Thanks doe the laugh jerzey. PTSD and anxiety get the best of me at times 

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    You'll be better for it

Get rid of that nasty little beast. 

I have to agree with APny, for me it was more discomfort than actual pain.  You can do this.  The imagination of it all is way worse than the reality, you'll see.

I'll be praying for you,

Donna~

• Spivey88
    Spivey88 Member Posts: 43
    Good luck

I feel the exact same way!  My anxiety is thru the roof and my surgery is Friday.  Please update us when you can.  

• Spivey88
    Spivey88 Member Posts: 43
    Surgery...

how was your surgery Hyker?  Praying went smooth. I had mine yesterday.  They saved 95% of the kidney, which is exciting.  Labs are looking good so I think I get my catheter out soon and be able to eat.  I had to walk the halls 5 times last night.  Wasnt too bad, the catheter is what bothered me.  Sure hope you are feeling ok And home by now!

God speed!

angie