Going for implants and wondering

Hi everyone.I had a cat scan yesterday to check for the density in my jaw from the radiation.Doctor was very happy with the results so now we moving forward.And wondering if anyone else has gone though this?He is going to trim my gum line and move my tounge flap back a little.And also having the denist make up a splint as least thats what I call it.He will attach under my jaw and sew in place.I gather it is to give them more to work with.And then will get to Hi to feed tube again only up nose and down throat instead of the belly.He said it will be there for a week and then he will pull it.He will keep me over nite to watch for any bleeding or infections.Then after it heals denist will do the implant on bottoms and dentures on top.The top will be custom made with a thicker plate so flap will hit it to improve swallowing and speach.

Thanks for any informatiom

Terry

Comments

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Hi thennies 61

it sounds a complicated procedure but one that needs doing and wonderful you'll have teeth and a swallow. Good luck, it will be a while before your finished but let us know when it's over how you feel

• SASH
    SASH Member Posts: 421 Member
    edited June 2016 #3
    Lowers only

I have my first fitting on 6/28 for my lower implant.  I had the posts inserted on October 21, 2015 and been healing ever since.  The implant is supposed to sit above the tissue since I have some exposed bone.  Ah, to have lower teeth again.