Sad Announcement

irishlass258
irishlass258 Member Posts: 16
edited April 2016 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

My husband was diagnosed in Dec. 2015. He was determine to be a survisor and fought with all his might. Each time he got chemo, his WBC count went down the following week. He was given Nupergen shots and count rose. He finished his first session he had some kidney complications and ended up in the hospital. Treatmen continued and he finished chemo on Good Friday, Mar.25. Also had 4 more radiation treatments.

He went for his weekly blood test and got a shot. He also received a blood transfusion on Satruday, Apr. 2. The next day he had shortest of breath and wasa taken to the hospital. He left us on Monday, April 4. 

I am in disbelief and at a lost as to why this happened so quickly. My thoughts are it was to spare him for more pain and confinement, which I know he would never want.

Rest in Peace, Harry.

Comments

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,034 Member
    Irishlass

I am sorry to read of your loss. No words I type today will ease your pain, hopefully as time passes only fond memories remain.

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    Irishlass

I am so sorry for your loss. Cancer is such an evil thing and sometimes it wins despite our best efforts. You and Harry were courageous to fight it. I pray that you find comfort in the weeks ahead.

Barbara

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    I am very sorry, irishlass.

I am very sorry, irishlass. My prayers are with you and Harry. He was a courageous fighter and may he rest in peace. May his memory be forever a blessing.

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Prayers lifted

For you and your family.  I am sorry for your loss.

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 617 Member
    Prayers

Your family is in my prayers. It seems so unfair for your husband to have gone through all the treatments and then lose the battle. You were a wonderful support for him and can take comfort in that.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Words can't express my sorrow.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and your family. There are no words that will explain the why, but he fought so hard and I know how proud you are of him. This might just be so he would not suffer and be in pain. Relay on all your good memories as that is something nothing can ever take from you. I wish there was just something I could say to help.

Bill

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    R.I.P. Harry

irishlass258,

My deepest condolences.   

So very sad and tragic, I hate this stuff.

Matt

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member

Sometimes there are no words that can express our sorrow and feelings when we hear one of our family members have pass away. But I do want to thank you for being a loving caretaker for Harry while he was here.

Tim   

• josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Prayers sent your way.

Irishlass,

Thoughts are with you and yours. Harry was very fortunate to have you with him. josh r.

• NJShore
    NJShore Member Posts: 429 Member
    Irishlass

Irishlass,

My sinceres condolances for your loss. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope that your memories are of comfort during this difficult time.

Thoughts and Prayers are with you.

Kari

• Raddude
    Raddude Member Posts: 84
    my condolences

I'm very sorry for your loss. It breaks my heart to hear of news like this.

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Sorry

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear husband

• irishlass258
    irishlass258 Member Posts: 16
    Thank you

We were only members since December 2105. I first went on this board for information and I found a loving, caring group who immediately accepted us and offered their expertise for our benefit. From giving tips as to what questions to ask doctors to ideas as treatment continues, the members of this board help me tremendously. I just want to thank everyone for welcoming and now for offering care and conern. When this journey started, I never thought it would end so abruptly. 

I felt sure that I would belong here for many a years. I will always remember the kindness shown to me and Harry and will keep all of you in my prayers that you stay strong Harry's wish was to get to NED. He would never post but encouraged me to ask questions and seek suggestions and ideas.

Everyone here was always so willing to help. You have enriched my life and I will never forget. I will continue to visit here and read the post. Wishing you warmth and health.

I am your Irishlass!!!