NED, sort of... An update

2»

Comments

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    hardo718 said:

Thank God!!

You'll be fine.....deep breaths of relief.

Donna~

RULED OUT!!!!! YAAY!!!!!
    Hope

RULED OUT!!!!! YAAY!!!!!

Hope you will relax now!

Hugs, Jan

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,069 Member
    Jan4you said:

RULED OUT!!!!! YAAY!!!!!
    Hope

RULED OUT!!!!! YAAY!!!!!

Hope you will relax now!

Hugs, Jan

Thank you for support! Oh

Thank you for support! Oh yes, I will sleep calmly tonight for the first time since that stupid angiomyolipoma was discovered 3 weeks ago :-)

• cheatinlil
    cheatinlil Member Posts: 197
    Allochka said:

Thank you for support! Oh

Thank you for support! Oh yes, I will sleep calmly tonight for the first time since that stupid angiomyolipoma was discovered 3 weeks ago :-)

Allochka,
    I can relate to the

Allochka,

I can relate to the health anxiety.  I work fulltime and really people at my job have no idea how stressed out I am.  I guess I put on a brave face.  But it really is too much at times.  I'm glad you found peace in at least that part of the journey.  Now get back to worrying about something else you put on the back burner while you worried about angiomyolipoma . Hugs !!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,069 Member

Allochka,
    I can relate to the

Allochka,

I can relate to the health anxiety.  I work fulltime and really people at my job have no idea how stressed out I am.  I guess I put on a brave face.  But it really is too much at times.  I'm glad you found peace in at least that part of the journey.  Now get back to worrying about something else you put on the back burner while you worried about angiomyolipoma . Hugs !!

I understand you so well! It

I understand you so well! It is a terrible condition to live with. Mine started 5 years ago. Latest bout with tuberous sclerosis scare was the worst time of my life, even worse than cancer time last year.

Have you tried therapy to deal with this? Us yours due to your husband's condition?

• cheatinlil
    cheatinlil Member Posts: 197
    Allochka said:

I understand you so well! It

I understand you so well! It is a terrible condition to live with. Mine started 5 years ago. Latest bout with tuberous sclerosis scare was the worst time of my life, even worse than cancer time last year.

Have you tried therapy to deal with this? Us yours due to your husband's condition?

Yes, it is due to my husbands

Yes, it is due to my husbands condition.  I was heavy into therapy for about 7 years.  I have gone back a couple times and know it is still there if I really needed it. But an hour of therapy a week isn't going to cut it right now.  I kind of feel like i know what they are going to say.  I'm also going through perimenopause so that adds to the emotional roller coaster.  I really wish there was a way I could take time off with some pay.  I have FLMA (unpaid time off) and some paid vacation and paid sick time but I wish there was Long Term Disability or something for caregivers to take more time off with pay.  I guess that could be abused though.  I will plan a week off in the summer.  Once I have that in place it will give me something to look forward to.  I told my husband this weekend we should take the kids to the zoo or do something fun.  I just need to get out and have fun and forget about everything for a little while.

It's funny I act like I need a break.  In December I took 3 weeks off work and me and hubby went on a cruise for a week.  But we have had a lot going on.  We just got custody of my husbands daughter.  We had to hire an attorney to stop paying child support because she has been living with us while we paid her mother child support.  Its just been too much.  Thanks for listeting. 

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    So happy to hear that all is

So happy to hear that all is good with everyone, Allochka!

And....don't beat yourself up about your anxieties....it is hard enough living through them, let alone with the guilt feelings.

Loving the good news!

Hugs

Jojo