Zevalin

I have not posted in a while.  I am in remission since 09 , Have a scan coming up in June. I have so many other problems, I have sever gerd and ended up in the er last night with terrible pain.

I was diagnosed with follicular NHL in 04 had surgery on my neck to take the salivary gland out. Then did 22 radiation treatments. Then was home free almost 5 years. It came back with a vengence. I had it back on the other side of my neck at which time they only took out the nodules. Then I had it in my bone marrow and abdomen. So did 8 rounds of chemo and then did Zevalin. I am wondering if anyone did Zevalin and relapsed. my blood work was always good in O4,  so I have to say that had I gone with saying my blood work is good I would have been in real trouble. I guess I am wondering with all my other problems. I wish every one well , I also wonder about Don if he is still doing well after the Zevalin.

Hilde

Comments

• MarkPs35
    MarkPs35 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Hilde

I don’t have experience with Zevalin but I found your post touching and thought I’d let you know that I’ll keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Mark

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Z

Wonderful to hear from you Hilde, but sorry about the relapse. Here is an article regarding your drug. It is an isotope given along with Rituxan, the article says.

max

http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/Zevalin.aspx

Note: ALL FDA approved chemo drugs are available for review at the site above, including all drug combinations.

Update: 

There is not a lot of info readily available regarding Zevalin against NHL.  It apparantly was first developed to fight liver tumors, and is now used against a few other cancers, like breast.  Its use against NHL is apparantly fairly new; the article below is I think from 2011.

Against liver tumors it is injected directly into the tumors via a needle device, but against lymphoma it is via IV drip, I guess since lymphoma is not localized in the body.  I know this article is a bit complex, but it may be of use to you.  By all accounts the amount of radiation is harmless to the health of the patient, no worse than a PET scan, which also injects an isotope into the patient.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100607142057.htm

max

• Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175
    Zevalin

I was diagnosed in 2008 with FNHL and did RCHOP, i did the maintanence chemo for 2 yrs and had a relapse and did Zevalin in  Jan 2013, by June of 2013 i relapsed, i did the watch and wait until 2015 and i did Treanda and Rituxan for 6 months, and my last CAT scan shows no tumors visible, i am waiting to get the PET scan which shows any activity that CAT scan cant see, i wont feel settled until this scan is done my lab work showed my white counts were dropping last month, so we will see, good luck to you

• hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Chris17 said:

Zevalin

I was diagnosed in 2008 with FNHL and did RCHOP, i did the maintanence chemo for 2 yrs and had a relapse and did Zevalin in  Jan 2013, by June of 2013 i relapsed, i did the watch and wait until 2015 and i did Treanda and Rituxan for 6 months, and my last CAT scan shows no tumors visible, i am waiting to get the PET scan which shows any activity that CAT scan cant see, i wont feel settled until this scan is done my lab work showed my white counts were dropping last month, so we will see, good luck to you

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply , I get my scan in June, have not felt the best but had almost 5 years , so will see. I certainly wish you the best. I will pray for you.

Thank you for answering my question , I always wonder about this. Hilde

• Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175
    hilde451 said:

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply , I get my scan in June, have not felt the best but had almost 5 years , so will see. I certainly wish you the best. I will pray for you.

Thank you for answering my question , I always wonder about this. Hilde

You are welcome, thanks for

You are welcome, thanks for the prayers need all the help i could get.