Radiation Mapping Question

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

So I went for the mapping for the radiation for the mets in my lung today. I remember having this done for the tumour a couple of years ago and I had three stickers at that time. Now I have three spots that are not that close together and they only gave me three stickers again. And this time it's supposed to be very pinpointed to the spots, not generalized like last time. Shouldn't I have more stickers this time? I don't know how the mapping works and I didn't think about it until I was driving home so I didn't ask the techs that were doing the mapping. Damn, I feel like an idiot for not paying attention.

Jan 

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Hope someone can answer this for you

Bumping this up, because sometimes a new thread gets lost. 

I have only been mapped for the colon, myself. 

Good luck!

Sue - Trubrit

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Maybe Call and Ask?

When I had radiation back in April 2013 for some lung mets they tattooed me in 4 places. Sternum, abdomen, left and right sides. I'm not sure if those are like the stickers you mentioned Jan.

I do think it would be wise to call your team and ask them your question. It's hard to remember every question when you're in the office. 

Good luck

-p

• JanJan63
    Thank you both. I'll call

Thank you both. I'll call tomorrow. I don't want to have to go back and do it again but I also don't want to show up for radiation and have them not be able to do it. I understand that the doctor will use the spots to map out where the radiation is directed.

Jan

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Thank you both. I'll call

Thank you both. I'll call tomorrow. I don't want to have to go back and do it again but I also don't want to show up for radiation and have them not be able to do it. I understand that the doctor will use the spots to map out where the radiation is directed.

Jan

Let us know

what you find out, Jan.  Like Sue, I've only been mapped for the colon/rectal tumor. They started out with small marks and stickers, but towards the end they used 3 huge paint pen "X"  marks when they did mine.  I  sort of wish they'd used tatoos instead.

• JanJan63
    lizard44 said:

Let us know

what you find out, Jan.  Like Sue, I've only been mapped for the colon/rectal tumor. They started out with small marks and stickers, but towards the end they used 3 huge paint pen "X"  marks when they did mine.  I  sort of wish they'd used tatoos instead.

I'll do that. I left a

I'll do that. I left a message this mornng and haven't heard anything yet.

• Sharronoffaith
    Sharronoffaith Member Posts: 76
    Tattoos

hey Jan,

i'm wishing you well in your journey.  And i wanted to say that I actually had tattoos, and there were three, but that was for rectal.

just surprised they would use "stickers".,,,they must stick permanently some how?  

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member

Tattoos

hey Jan,

i'm wishing you well in your journey.  And i wanted to say that I actually had tattoos, and there were three, but that was for rectal.

just surprised they would use "stickers".,,,they must stick permanently some how?  

I had stickers

I had to be careful not to wash them off. I think I only lost one during the six weeks radiation. 

Sue - Trubrit

• JanJan63

Tattoos

hey Jan,

I had the stickers for the

I had the stickers for the radiation for the colon cancer and managed to never lose them. I know some people they don't last long. I guess I have the right skin for them. And they're using a small mole for one spot. The stickers are little clear circular ones with black markings. They're very thin.

I still haven't heard back from them.