Superbowl 50

icemantoo
icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member

During Superbowl I Icewoman was in labor and I was in the father's waiting room. How well do each of you remember Superbowl I?

1. How many years ago was Superbowl I?   49, 50 or 51

2.  How many Kidney's did I have at the time? two, too or to

3. The highest  price ticket for the game was? $6, $12 or $24

4. The cost of a loaf of bread was? 10 cents, 25 cents or 50 cents

5. The cost  of a gallon of gasoline was? 1, 2 or 3 gallons for a dollar.

6. How many First class postage stamps could you buy for a dollar?  5, 10 or 20

7. The cost of a gallon of milk was? 25 cents a gallon, 50 cents a gallon or $1 a gallon

8. The President of the United States was? LBJ, Tricky **** or Jimmy Carter

9. How many States were in the United States? 48, 49 or 50

10. What coin did you insert in the pay phone for a local call? a nickel, a dime or a quarter

Who can score a perfect 10?

Icemantoo

Comments

• Carol S.
    Carol S. Member Posts: 5

Really clever, going to see if my family knows some answers!

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Carol S. said:

Really clever, going to see if my family knows some answers!

I am from WI, where the FANS

I am from WI, where the FANS own the team: Green Bay Packers!

Couch Lombardi and they Packers one the first Superbowl. 1967, 49 years ago.

Now I cannot SEE the rest of the questions.

Jan

• icemantoo
    Jan4you said:

I am from WI, where the FANS

I am from WI, where the FANS own the team: Green Bay Packers!

Couch Lombardi and they Packers one the first Superbowl. 1967, 49 years ago.

Now I cannot SEE the rest of the questions.

Jan

Of course the first Superbowl was 49 years ago. Once you figure that out all of the rest of the questions are easy.

Icemantoo

• pamstayner
    pamstayner Member Posts: 111 Member
    It wasn't even called superbowl back then

It was called NFL, AFL World Championship. It was played on January 15, 1967 .  It was our first anniversary.  My husband has always been able to remember how many years we have been married by what the current superbowl number was.  Lately it has helped me remember too.  This past January 15th made50 years, hence superbowl 50.  Whenever they added more teams, and playoffs longer, then having it mid January did not happen anymore. 

Prices I could not give you right, as we lived in Bellingham Washington, George was stationed at  Marietta Naval Station. And so gas, food etc was all at supposedly lower prices at the PX or Commissary. I can say we got a military paycheck of $11 every two weeks.  At the end of the month I got a military allowance of $55.20. The pay office kept taking out the housing allowance from our last duty station which was Pensacola Florida... a mistake that did not get fixed for our first 8 months in Washington.  When they did fix the mistake, we got a fat paycheck... just in time too, as our first born son arrived January 5th... we could buy baby clothes and diapers.

And we survived... we bought hamburger (a lot) our rent was $50.00 a month, and the house had a washer & dryer too ! Of course shortly after that we wanted a new car... George got two part time jobs and we bought a 1967 Camero... $2,750  Oh how we loved that car. 

We had to sell it two years later... we got sent overseas to Rota Spain, and george was not the "right" grade for the military to pay our way, let alone the car. I sold the car and got a plane ticket 6 weeks after George left for Spain. That was the one and only time we were seperated while he was in the military. 

Oh, Iceman,  thank you for the fun thinking back.

Pam

• icemantoo

It wasn't even called superbowl back then

It was called NFL, AFL World Championship. It was played on January 15, 1967 .  It was our first anniversary.  My husband has always been able to remember how many years we have been married by what the current superbowl number was.  Lately it has helped me remember too.  This past January 15th made50 years, hence superbowl 50.  Whenever they added more teams, and playoffs longer, then having it mid January did not happen anymore. 

Prices I could not give you right, as we lived in Bellingham Washington, George was stationed at  Marietta Naval Station. And so gas, food etc was all at supposedly lower prices at the PX or Commissary. I can say we got a military paycheck of $11 every two weeks.  At the end of the month I got a military allowance of $55.20. The pay office kept taking out the housing allowance from our last duty station which was Pensacola Florida... a mistake that did not get fixed for our first 8 months in Washington.  When they did fix the mistake, we got a fat paycheck... just in time too, as our first born son arrived January 5th... we could buy baby clothes and diapers.

And we survived... we bought hamburger (a lot) our rent was $50.00 a month, and the house had a washer & dryer too ! Of course shortly after that we wanted a new car... George got two part time jobs and we bought a 1967 Camero... $2,750  Oh how we loved that car. 

We had to sell it two years later... we got sent overseas to Rota Spain, and george was not the "right" grade for the military to pay our way, let alone the car. I sold the car and got a plane ticket 6 weeks after George left for Spain. That was the one and only time we were seperated while he was in the military. 

Oh, Iceman,  thank you for the fun thinking back.

Pam

Someone older than me. Not

Pam,

Another good counter. So far nobody has shown their lack of math skills by suggesting that Suoerbowl 1 was 50 years ago. I almost thought you were older than me until I checked your bio. On one of our recent trips we went to the San Juan Islands which of course everyone on this board can relate to your story. I tied the knot with Icewoman 10 weeks after  you guys which means our 50th is next month.

Icemantoo

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    icemantoo said:

Someone older than me. Not

Pam,

Another good counter. So far nobody has shown their lack of math skills by suggesting that Suoerbowl 1 was 50 years ago. I almost thought you were older than me until I checked your bio. On one of our recent trips we went to the San Juan Islands which of course everyone on this board can relate to your story. I tied the knot with Icewoman 10 weeks after  you guys which means our 50th is next month.

Icemantoo

That's awesome Icemantoo

You must have a lot of free time on your hands to pull all that together!  haha  Scary that I too am old enough to remember some of those details, which I would rather NOT think about....haha

Sorry my reply is a little late, had to travel out of state to deal with very ill sister-in-laws. (yes, more than one)  Holy cow..... happy to be home.