Lung cancer in right hilar

sierra28
sierra28 Member Posts: 70

Just had PEt scan and showed a mass in the right hilar of my lung.  Having biopsy Thursday.  Has anyone had this tpe of cancer spread from renal cancer and did any kind of treatment work

Comments

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    I haven't but lung is the

I haven't but lung is the organ with most recurrance rate between renal cell carcinoma patients I don't know about the drugs but I think the common ones are sutent,votrient,sunitinib,... We have some members who are stage 4 with lung mets since five years ago. Sure, they'll chime in. Hope yours is benign

• mrou50
    mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member
    Sorry

Sierra sorry about the news, I was a year and half past my nephrectomy when they found both my lungs had been invaded. Unfortunatley it does happen, I was started on Votrient it worked for 11 months, but as Fox will tell you it is not 11 months of fun.  When the Votrient stopped working they found mets in both lungs again including a larger one that grew rapidly so now we are trying Opdivo, I had my first does a week ago Monday so it will be a while for results.  Votrient is one of the go to drugs and has had good success, but it is not permanent.  Keep us posted and my thoughts are with you.

Mark

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    mrou50 said:

Sorry

Sierra sorry about the news, I was a year and half past my nephrectomy when they found both my lungs had been invaded. Unfortunatley it does happen, I was started on Votrient it worked for 11 months, but as Fox will tell you it is not 11 months of fun.  When the Votrient stopped working they found mets in both lungs again including a larger one that grew rapidly so now we are trying Opdivo, I had my first does a week ago Monday so it will be a while for results.  Votrient is one of the go to drugs and has had good success, but it is not permanent.  Keep us posted and my thoughts are with you.

Mark

lung mets

I've had several. But none over the last 2-3 years. I guess some good has come from my previous treatments.

• sierra28
    foroughsh said:

I haven't but lung is the

I haven't but lung is the organ with most recurrance rate between renal cell carcinoma patients I don't know about the drugs but I think the common ones are sutent,votrient,sunitinib,... We have some members who are stage 4 with lung mets since five years ago. Sure, they'll chime in. Hope yours is benign

lung mets.

Thank you for your reply.  It will be a long week.  I am having biopsy sent to Mayo Clinic for a second opinion.  Well let you know waht happens

• sierra28
    foxhd said:

lung mets

I've had several. But none over the last 2-3 years. I guess some good has come from my previous treatments.

lungs mets

Thanks for the reply.  What kind of treatment did you receive for the cancer?  My doctor said something about chemo pills for about 6 weeks but not too sure about that.  I will know next week what I have.  I am just hoping that it i not just lung cancer  rather than mets from renal.  I seens strange when you are hoping for one kind of cancer over another.  Will keep you informed.

• sierra28
    mrou50 said:

Sorry

Mark

Lung Mets

Mark, Thanks for your reply.  I had right kidney removed Aug 2015. and lung biopsy done Oct. 2015  for small nodules and everything was benign.  Had a cough in late Nov. and that was when they found the lump on my hilar near a node  and the nodules grew very fast. It just happened in a matter of 6 weeks.  PET scan showed the mass near the node and now they are doing another Biopsy and I am having a second opinion done a the Mayo clinic.  I have never had any type of treatment so I just have to wait and see what they find.  I just hope it just isn't terminal lung cancer that has nothing to do with my renal cancer.  I will let you know what happens,  Thank, Kathy

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    sierra28 said:

Lung Mets

Mark, Thanks for your reply.  I had right kidney removed Aug 2015. and lung biopsy done Oct. 2015  for small nodules and everything was benign.  Had a cough in late Nov. and that was when they found the lump on my hilar near a node  and the nodules grew very fast. It just happened in a matter of 6 weeks.  PET scan showed the mass near the node and now they are doing another Biopsy and I am having a second opinion done a the Mayo clinic.  I have never had any type of treatment so I just have to wait and see what they find.  I just hope it just isn't terminal lung cancer that has nothing to do with my renal cancer.  I will let you know what happens,  Thank, Kathy

Thinking of you

I just wanted to say Im sorry you are going thru this and my thoughts are with you.  

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Mets in Lung

I got a couple, and have had since my original diagnosis. I imagine that will be the next conversation because one of then is getting bigger

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    marosa said:

Thinking of you

I just wanted to say Im sorry you are going thru this and my thoughts are with you.  

Praying for you Sierra

keep the faith & try to have a positive mind set.  

Donna~

• sierra28

Mets in Lung

I got a couple, and have had since my original diagnosis. I imagine that will be the next conversation because one of then is getting bigger

lung mets

Hi, Did you have any treatment done once they found mets in your lungs? Have you gone though any treatment at all?

Sierra

• sierra28
    marosa said:

Thinking of you

Thanks

Marasa,

It sounds like you have been dealing with this cancer for about a year by the date on your post. Have you had any surgery or treatments?

Sierra

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    sierra28 said:

lung mets.

Thank you for your reply.  It will be a long week.  I am having biopsy sent to Mayo Clinic for a second opinion.  Well let you know waht happens

Join smartpatients.com. you

Join smartpatients.com. you can find lots of people dealing with the same problem and loads of info

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    sierra28 said:

Thanks

Marasa,

It sounds like you have been dealing with this cancer for about a year by the date on your post. Have you had any surgery or treatments?

Sierra

Hi Sierra, yes I did have surgery

and it was 16 months ago.  I had a partial even thou my lesion was on the big side, wide and large and I had a serious artery rupture post-op that needed arterial embolization and blood and plaquets transfussions so I ended up staying over a week at the hospital and had a longer than usual recuperating time.   I am not under any medication or therapy just having 6 month check-ups blood and ct scans with contrast. I think that is the protocol for everyone as long as nothing else is found after the surgery.   My next check-up will be in July.  Keeping fingers crossed and hoping everything stays that way for a long, long time.

Please let us have news from you when you have them.  Wishing you a good outcome Sierra. Stay positive.

I

• mrou50
    mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member
    sierra28 said:

Lung Mets

Kathy

I hope it all works out for you I will be thinking of you.

Mark

• sierra28
    marosa said:

Hi Sierra, yes I did have surgery

and it was 16 months ago.  I had a partial even thou my lesion was on the big side, wide and large and I had a serious artery rupture post-op that needed arterial embolization and blood and plaquets transfussions so I ended up staying over a week at the hospital and had a longer than usual recuperating time.   I am not under any medication or therapy just having 6 month check-ups blood and ct scans with contrast. I think that is the protocol for everyone as long as nothing else is found after the surgery.   My next check-up will be in July.  Keeping fingers crossed and hoping everything stays that way for a long, long time.

Please let us have news from you when you have them.  Wishing you a good outcome Sierra. Stay positive.

I

Had my biopsies on Thursday. 

Had my biopsies on Thursday.  My biggest fear is that the cancer is lung cancer instead fo mets from my renal cancer.  I also had anal cancer in 2014.. I will know is a few more lomg. long days.