It's a small thing...

but I would appreciate it if y'all would put me in your pocket for Friday. I am having MOHS surgery to remove a small basal cell carcinoma on my nose. I had a similar procedure once before and they had to go fairly deep and do a skin graft from my ear. I think this one is much more superficial. It seems so trivial compared to what you all have been through, but I consider you family...hence the request.

Barbara

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    We got you....

You got it, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

• the_wife
    the_wife Member Posts: 184
    Good thoughts only...

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow. I'm familiar with MOHS and basal cell carcinoma. My mother had BCC on her eyelid, nose, and many other areas of her body over the years, and my brother underwent MOHS surgery two days ago for a BCC on his upper lip.

I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how you do.

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Keeping you in my thoughts,

Keeping you in my thoughts, absolutely! Hope the surgery goes well for you.

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Gotcha tucked, Barb....

I have one on my shoulder I've got to do....and regardless of how trivial is sounds, it's still upsetting.

p

• Raddude
    Raddude Member Posts: 84
    You got it

Smile

• LiseA
    LiseA Member Posts: 266
    Raddude said:

You got it

Smile

Best wishes. Will be thinking

Best wishes. Will be thinking of you. 

• supagama
    supagama Member Posts: 31
    never too small a request

Hi Barbara:

There's no such thing as trivial when it comes to cancer I've been finding.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

• IAmStrong
    IAmStrong Member Posts: 58
    supagama said:

never too small a request

Hi Barbara:

There's no such thing as trivial when it comes to cancer I've been finding.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

On It!

Praying for your peace of mind and confidence.  Blessings to you.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,773 Member
    wish you well

hoping for a smooth and fast procedure. 

• lifeisDHA
    lifeisDHA Member Posts: 64
    You are in my thoughts!

hope the surgery is fast and smooth

• Star57
    Star57 Member Posts: 10
    It's a small thing

Cancer is never a  small thing..it is still Cancer...got you in my thoughts...and prayers.

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 728 Member
    Star57 said:

It's a small thing

Cancer is never a  small thing..it is still Cancer...got you in my thoughts...and prayers.

In Mine

Skin cancer is something most all European Americans have to deal with.  I've had it several times so far, so had my father and sister.  And I spent most of my working career out in the sun so I have to get checked yearly like most people.

It's good you're keeping on top of this before it gets out of hand.  You'll be sore for a few days till it heals.

Tom

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Nose

my son had one in the same place. They cut it out leaving a small hole in his nostril but it healed over and looking at him you'd never know there was a hole before.