Friday Birthday Party Special Guest

Had not realized that the day I was scheduled to get my 1.5 year scan results was my wife's birthday.  We made a day of it, taking the ferry into NYC and I took her to lunch and we did a little shopping.  The day was capped off with a special guest--NED!  I was a little concerned since I have had a very dull, non-steady pain near my incision.  I asked the doctorquite a few questions about the pain, and he said that I should not be worried.  He said it could be adhesions or muscular, but he was confident that the pain had nothing to do with recurrence. I was stage I with a 2.9 cm tumor, and he assured me that the chance of recurrence was very low.  He said that after my next 2 year scan I would be going to annual scans for another 2-3 years. 

I have noted before that Memorial Sloan Kettering's protocol me is ultrasound and chest x-ray.  I asked about that as well, and the doctor was adamant that a CT scan was not necessary.  I know there has been some debate and incidental evidence that some here feel a CT scan would have picked up recurrence sooner.  At some point, I have to find my own comfort level with my low risk of recurrence and what my team of experts with many years of experience think is the best way to proceed.

Anyway, next set of scans is in July.

Comments

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Good for you!!!

That's awesome news.  It's so nice to get NED visits, isn't it?  Gives me that extra little somethin somethin to smile about and life goes on.

YAY!!

Donna~

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Special guest, indeed!

Special guest, indeed! Hurray!! And Happy Birthday to your wife!!

Salut!

Jojo

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Jojo61 said:

Special guest, indeed!

Special guest, indeed! Hurray!! And Happy Birthday to your wife!!

Salut!

Jojo

Happy B-day!

You know who to leave off your party list.  Boy, what a present! Same plan next year?

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    foxhd said:

Happy B-day!

You know who to leave off your party list.  Boy, what a present! Same plan next year?

Best present to your wife

Best present to your wife ever! And one more NED's visit on this board, what could be better! :-)

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    Allochka said:

Best present to your wife

Best present to your wife ever! And one more NED's visit on this board, what could be better! :-)

Great News!

Happy B-day and Happy NED- day!   May you have many more happy returns of both!

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Hurray
    Happy Ned''s day and

Hurray

Happy Ned''s day and happy birthday to your wife.what a fantastic gift to her

Forough

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    foroughsh said:

Hurray
    Happy Ned''s day and

Hurray

Happy Ned''s day and happy birthday to your wife.what a fantastic gift to her

Forough

Happy birthday to your wife

Happy birthday to your wife and so happy you had a special visitor that day. All the best!!

• APny said:

Happy birthday to your wife

Happy birthday to your wife and so happy you had a special visitor that day. All the best!!

No rock star appearance to

No rock star appearance to sing happy birthday, though!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

No rock star appearance to

No rock star appearance to sing happy birthday, though!

I think that's a good thing.

I think that's a good thing. If he should walk in I think I'll have a heart attack, lol.

• APny said:

I think that's a good thing.

I think that's a good thing. If he should walk in I think I'll have a heart attack, lol.

If/when I do see him, I am

If/when I do see him, I am either going to high five him, chest-bump him or give him a bear hug. 

• firedude21
    firedude21 Member Posts: 52
    Congrats

That's great news PM.  Keep on enjoying life. It sounds like that crazy weather we've been hearing about in NYC hasn't slowed you down at all. 

firedude21

• Pandabear1011
    Pandabear1011 Member Posts: 123 Member
    Congrats...

Congrats on your 1.5 year NED report!! I also got my 20-month NED report this month. We are on the same scan schedule. My next scans are in July amd if all is well I will go to yearly scans for 3 more years. Very excited about that!! Oh, and Happy Birthday to your wife!!

• mrou50
    mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member
    What a Party

Happy birthday to your wife, and what a gift to give her, most guys give jewlery, flowers, maybe a car, but you go all the way and bring uncle NED to visit.  She must feel very lucky, and hey everyone knows a party is not a party until Uncle NED is there dancing around with a lampshade on his head.  I hope he stays for the rest of your long and happy lives.

Mark

• Bonngo
    Bonngo Member Posts: 79
    Terrific!

Great news, so happy for you!  Happy Birthday to the Mrs!

~Bonnie

• Bonngo
    Bonngo Member Posts: 79
    Terrific!

Great news, so happy for you!  Happy Birthday to the Mrs!

~Bonnie