hello

Just taking a moment to check in and say Hi to all my friends out there in lymphomaland..

Happy upcoming Holidays to all, hope you are all doing well. I have been staying out of trouble, well sort of.....see this chemistry class is pretty roughFrown I most likely will not pass it. It is unfortunate that chemo has ruined my short term memory. Only 3 more semesters of school left for my Bachelor's any way.

I miss you all so much, I always forget to get on here and check everyone out. I forgot my password, so the only way I can access this is from my laptop, which has a partially unresponsive keyboard lol. I just bought a USB keyboard

XXXOOO

Carie

Comments

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    You just can't stay away

And we are happy about that!  So good to hear from you and glad you are hanging in there with your schooling.  Many congrats for that.  Maybe your problem with chemistry are the first 4 letters....just add an o.....so it's not your fault Wink.  We are doing fine.  Bill is still in remission and still on the miracle target drug.  We are so thankful.  How is your son doing, know he must be growing.  We have kind of simmered down a little on the forum but hopefully some of the oldtimers will add a hello to you.

I always think of you,

Becky

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    Old !

Becky mentioned "Old Timers" in her post, and my ears perked up !

It sounds like you are doing wonderfully well....you will get through that chem course and graduate with no problems.  I did academic advising for years at a state college, and I can sense a winner. My son is getting his A.S. in December at 19.  Man, I do feel ancient.

You look as lovely as ever in those pink gloves.  Bless your Christmas, and bless you,

max

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Chemistry

Hi Carie, it is good to hear from you and you sound well. Finished Rituxan maintenance, I presume? 

I was always a good student and made excellent grades, in every subject except chemistry. I just didn't get it! I could never understand adding numbers and letters. If there are two molecules of hydrogen, why is it sometimes written as a big 2 before the H and sometimes a small 2 after the H?  Arrgh. Hang in there; I did and managed to come out of the class with the one and only "D" I ever received. 

Only 3 more semesters until your degree! You should be very proud of yourself. I'm sure proud of you. 

Hugs and love,

Rocquie

• Miss you

glad things are going well!

• Jeff148
    Jeff148 Member Posts: 184
    Great job!!

Sounds like things are going well for you. That makes us oldtimers happy!!! Thanks for the update

Jeff148 said:

Great job!!

Sounds like things are going well for you. That makes us oldtimers happy!!! Thanks for the update

Geezerville

Jeff,

I guess a cancer board is one of the few places where the members delight in getting old !  Prostate cancer is usually not diagnosed until an average age of 62.   There, if you aint 80, you are a newbie.

To seeing 100 !

max

• lindary
    lindary Member Posts: 711 Member

Geezerville

Jeff,

I guess a cancer board is one of the few places where the members delight in getting old !  Prostate cancer is usually not diagnosed until an average age of 62.   There, if you aint 80, you are a newbie.

To seeing 100 !

max

Old is Good

Max, thanks for giving me something to smile at. I never thought about this being a place to celebrate being old and getting older. 

With that in mind, I hope all of us are talking about "back when" for a very long time.

• girliefighter
    girliefighter Member Posts: 232
    Update !!!!

Port was removed on Christmas EVE!!!!Laughing

I am so blessed to be able to say that.

I hope all are doing well and HAPPY NEW YEAR to each and everyone of you

xxxooo

Carie

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member

Update !!!!

xxxooo

Carie

Merry Christmas!

What a fantastic Christmas gift! I got mine out a few months ago and I also feel very blessed. 

Happy New Year to you!

Hugs,

Rocquie

• lindary
    Rocquie said:

Merry Christmas!

What a fantastic Christmas gift! I got mine out a few months ago and I also feel very blessed. 

Happy New Year to you!

Hugs,

Rocquie

Congrat

Congratulations to both of you for reaching the point where your port was removed. This will be a very happy new year for you. 

Happy New Year!

Update !!!!

xxxooo

Carie

Undeed !

You are indeed blessed, Carie.

My port left an indention after removal, plus the incision still shows.

Since I was a sailor, when someone asks about it, I tell them it was "my port hole " ! 

A happy New Year and may 2016 be your best in a long time,

max

• girliefighter

Undeed !

Since I was a sailor, when someone asks about it, I tell them it was "my port hole " ! 

max

Port Hole

HILARIOUS

• girliefighter
    Rocquie said:

Merry Christmas!

Happy New Year to you!

Hugs,

Rocquie

HI

So happy to hear that you got yours out as well. It was the last remaining physical reminder for me, well other than the scars and damage that chemo did to my once fully functioning in all capacities bodyLaughing.

Happy New Year to you as well

XXXOOO

Carie

• girliefighter
    lindary said:

Congrat

Congratulations to both of you for reaching the point where your port was removed. This will be a very happy new year for you. 

Happy New Year!

Thank you

Thank you so much, it was a long time coming for me (almost 3 years with that sucker)

XXXOOO

Carie

• lindary

Undeed !

max

port hole

Totally off the topic of cancer.

Max, Years ago I worked with a man who used to come up with some of the greatest sayings. Instead of saying someone was stupid he would say "he has his head so far up his a%% he can use his bellybutton for a porthole.".

That is my bit of humor for now.

lindary said:

port hole

Totally off the topic of cancer.

Max, Years ago I worked with a man who used to come up with some of the greatest sayings. Instead of saying someone was stupid he would say "he has his head so far up his a%% he can use his bellybutton for a porthole.".

That is my bit of humor for now.

Cool

Enjoyed it, Linda.

"Port" of course is the left side of a ship, "Starboard" the right.  On ships, port is marked with a red light, starboard with the green.  It sounds like these terms derived from the days of primitive navigation, but I have never looked it up. Ancient peoples navigated with the stars, but were apparantly nearly as accurate as modern day satellite systems.  No smartphones to keep their noses buried in to.  When I am driving with someone I tell them to watch for this or that highway sign. Most reply, "I don't need signs, I have a phone."

A guy I knew who owned a sailboat (he was never in the Navy) had a cool line he used to use during times of confusion at work. When asked how things were going, he would reply, "Steaming ahead all full on all courses."

"All full" means "wide open," or as fast as the ship would run.

"Course" is the bearing on the compass that the ship is steering...360 possibilities, for every bearing on the compass.  For instance, the Officer of the Deck might say: "Helm, steer course 280."

Therefore "on all courses" meant "going around in circles"  ! 

A little Sienfeldian perhaps, but outrageous to those who understand. Our boss did not understand it,and would respond with something like, "Great, you guys keep up  the good work."

I laughed all the time in ICU and during chemo.  Where is this sad world going ?  (It has no idea, having neither a map nor a compass.)

Keep things on course,

max

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member

Cool

Enjoyed it, Linda.

"Port" of course is the left side of a ship, "Starboard" the right.  On ships, port is marked with a red light, starboard with the green.  It sounds like these terms derived from the days of primitive navigation, but I have never looked it up. Ancient peoples navigated with the stars, but were apparantly nearly as accurate as modern day satellite systems.  No smartphones to keep their noses buried in to.  When I am driving with someone I tell them to watch for this or that highway sign. Most reply, "I don't need signs, I have a phone."

A guy I knew who owned a sailboat (he was never in the Navy) had a cool line he used to use during times of confusion at work. When asked how things were going, he would reply, "Steaming ahead all full on all courses."

"Course" is the bearing on the compass that the ship is steering...360 possibilities, for every bearing on the compass.  For instance, the Officer of the Deck might say: "Helm, steer course 280."

A little Sienfeldian perhaps, but outrageous to those who understand. Our boss did not understand it,and would respond with something like, "Great, you guys keep up  the good work."

I laughed all the time in ICU and during chemo.  Where is this sad world going ?  (It has no idea, having neither a map nor a compass.)

Keep things on course,

max

Max

You have too much time on your hands!.........just kidding, I couldn't resisit WinkLaughingLaughing

Your friend,

Becky

• lindary

Cool

Enjoyed it, Linda.

Keep things on course,

max

all courses

You have given me a great laugh with that one. I have to remember it. Since there are no military people in our area ny ore I will have to let a few of my co-workers in on the truth of the statement.   thanks.