Hello

jim and i
jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member

Just realized I haven't checked in on everyone in months. After my mom died in August, of cancer, I was just so numb and sad I couldn't think straight. Three weeks ago Jim's dog had severe pancreatitis and was diagnosed with diabetes. Diabetes in dogs is very expensive to treat and I can't afford it so as with my mom and Jim I am waiting and watching as he slowly fades away. He is my last daily connection to Jim. 

Sorry, didn't mean to be a downer. I am saddened to hear of the struggles that some of my CSN friends are having. Please know that I am praying for you and all those on here fighting the beast, especially praying for the caretakers strength and comfort. 

Debbie

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Thank you for checking in.

The holidays can be hard on many people because we remember all the loved ones we have lost. They also help us remember all the people that were there for us during our hard times and are so thankful to have had them in our life. There is so many that have touched my life and I am better for just knowing them, and they never think they did anything at all. With this CSN you have touched many lives and they are better for just you being there. 

Bill

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Hello

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your dog.  I know this must make you very sad.

Saying a prayer for peace in your heart in the days to come.

Hugs.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Debbie

I am sorry to hear about your Mon and now Jims Dog too. I know it can be hard especially like Bill say when it is close to the holidays. But please remember you have a lot of friends and family who love you and are always praying for you. Our life here on this earth is but a short time but in that time we become attached to so many things. Thank you for your help, love, and support that you have giving too many of us here on CSN.

Tim

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Hondo said:

Hi Debbie

I am sorry to hear about your Mon and now Jims Dog too. I know it can be hard especially like Bill say when it is close to the holidays. But please remember you have a lot of friends and family who love you and are always praying for you. Our life here on this earth is but a short time but in that time we become attached to so many things. Thank you for your help, love, and support that you have giving too many of us here on CSN.

Tim

Debbie

Happy to hear from you but wishing things were better for you. I believe dogs go to heaven too so know he is with Jim when his time comes. I know you are missing Jim and your Mom during this holiday season. May happy memories lighten your thoughts.

Candi

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    jim and i

Debbie,

Nice to hear from you,  I am sorry to hear about Jim’s dog.

I hope you have better days ahead.

Matt

• Ladylacy
    Ladylacy Member Posts: 773 Member
    You

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing.  So sorry to hear about your Mom and now Jim's dog.  Holidays yes are hard as I am finding out.    Our pets are family members too and it is very hard when we lose one of them also. 

Wishing you peace and comfort -- Sharon

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    Debbie

I was not active on the board when you were posting before. Your current post tugged at my heart - I am sorry you are going through such a tough time. The CSN H&N board here is like family and we all send you a collective hug.

Barbara

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Debbie

Glad to hear from you, sorry to hear about your fur friend.. They are very much a part of my family as well...

Prayers,
    John