Most likely broke a rib (per er doctor) Nov 19,

Options
camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537
edited November 2015 in Breast Cancer #1

just getting in bed.  Has been pretty painful.  Am trying to see onco, or get a callback Tuesday am when he is  back in office after holiday.  Last night I took the dogs out in yard, was just standing and the next thing I was on the ground.  My right leg just went out and I went down hard, broke the fall with my knee, then hip and shoulder, which made the right rib even more painful.

Just started higher dose of Fentanyl patch tonight.  So hoping it helps.  It is getting more scary as it progresses.  The endocrinologist ran tubes of blood Friday to s e e if the adrenal glands are.functioning.  She too suggested a ct scan to see where the cancer is now. It has been just under 5 months since last scans, I was trying to hold off till Christmas so I wouldn't have results til the beginning of the year.  But with balance issues, thyroid and gland problems, and now possible rib fractures, will have to do it sooner.

I am scared of n the results.  I have been so fortunate that I have hit 5 years when they told me over I had 3-6 months, that I would not see 53 and we celebrated 58 on Wednesday.  I am thankful, but still scared of the unknown and the thought that the pain will keep increasing.  Nothing easy about this disease.  

Thanks for being here.  Keep praying that it will get better (wishful thinking), but hard to accept that each day is as good as it gets!

Love and hugs to all,

Carol

Comments

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    Thinking of you Carol

Hi Carol,

My thoughts are with you for good results.  Hang in there.  I know you've had a hard time.

Best,

Sharon

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    thinking of you today

sending thoughts and prayers your way

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

thinking of you today

sending thoughts and prayers your way

Happy Birthday!!

First, Happy Birthday!! And five years is amazing. 

What's going on with you right now sounds scary and painful. To be standing one minute and on the ground the next is not how one wants to be living life. I'm really sorry and wish there were more than words, though they're nice soothing words, to send you.

I, too, have you front and center in my thoughts.

xoxo

Victoria

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you

and hoping for the best results possible, Carol.

Very best,

Clementine

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Always

Always, you are in my thoughts. You are our cancer ninja!

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    tufi000 said:

Always

Always, you are in my thoughts. You are our cancer ninja!

Wow

Words escape me for once.  What you are going through sounds pretty doggone scarey and painful.  So I'll send some hugs and prayers and a whole bunch of good mojo, my friend.,

Suzanne

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Wow

Words escape me for once.  What you are going through sounds pretty doggone scarey and painful.  So I'll send some hugs and prayers and a whole bunch of good mojo, my friend.,

Suzanne

Carol, so much going on ...

i don't know what to say - my thoughts and prayers are with you ... so so so sorry.

Vicki Sam

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Carol, so much going on ...

i don't know what to say - my thoughts and prayers are with you ... so so so sorry.

Vicki Sam

Carol

I am in pain just reading your update!  I feel so bad for you. Will be glad when you see the onco and have scans done.  Thinking about you and praying.  Hugs, Linda

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    lintx said:

Carol

I am in pain just reading your update!  I feel so bad for you. Will be glad when you see the onco and have scans done.  Thinking about you and praying.  Hugs, Linda

Thanks everyone.

Don't know if it will l get better.  On the 19th, it was the ribs then on the 27th I fell.  Luckily just scrapes and bruises.  I was just standing on the patio and my right leg gave out.  Nothing t o hang onto.  Thought I would break my leg or hip, but just scraped the knee, bruised and swollen.  My hip I'd bruised as is my right elbow.  I was protecting my ribs.  So now, I have bruises, a skinned knee and ribs that are as sore as they were the night I did it.  Figure my equilibrium is off, as I have had an earache for about a week.

This cancer stuff sucks.  I started the higher dose of fentanyl on Sunday morning.  Have noticed a little more relief on the bones, but more tired.  I was hoping for the relief, but was prepared for the added exhaustion.  Had blood drawn for Adrenal glands, sugar, and thyroid.  Waiting for results.  Hoping they do not find the adrenal failure to be due to tumors on the glands, but was advised that it just may be, and the ribs may also be due to tumors in the connective tissues.  I am completelydown 4-5 days a week.  Will go to bed feeling good, and be too sore to move  just hours later.  CONFiscate it is to be expected with end stage breast cancer.  At least he is not pushing hospice care!

Hugs, and hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!  I could out I am going to be a grandma (sons stepdaughter), we all agreed I am too young for great grandma, so I will be grandma.  Gives me June to fight to be around for!

Carol

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    camul said:

Thanks everyone.

Don't know if it will l get better.  On the 19th, it was the ribs then on the 27th I fell.  Luckily just scrapes and bruises.  I was just standing on the patio and my right leg gave out.  Nothing t o hang onto.  Thought I would break my leg or hip, but just scraped the knee, bruised and swollen.  My hip I'd bruised as is my right elbow.  I was protecting my ribs.  So now, I have bruises, a skinned knee and ribs that are as sore as they were the night I did it.  Figure my equilibrium is off, as I have had an earache for about a week.

This cancer stuff sucks.  I started the higher dose of fentanyl on Sunday morning.  Have noticed a little more relief on the bones, but more tired.  I was hoping for the relief, but was prepared for the added exhaustion.  Had blood drawn for Adrenal glands, sugar, and thyroid.  Waiting for results.  Hoping they do not find the adrenal failure to be due to tumors on the glands, but was advised that it just may be, and the ribs may also be due to tumors in the connective tissues.  I am completelydown 4-5 days a week.  Will go to bed feeling good, and be too sore to move  just hours later.  CONFiscate it is to be expected with end stage breast cancer.  At least he is not pushing hospice care!

Hugs, and hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!  I could out I am going to be a grandma (sons stepdaughter), we all agreed I am too young for great grandma, so I will be grandma.  Gives me June to fight to be around for!

Carol

There's nothing much better than being a Grandma!

...and you will be a lovely one!!!!!

Keeping you in all my prayers and sending all my positive engery your way!

much love,

Jenny