Some side effects I was not aware of

2»

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I went for my
    weekly blood draw today. My blood looks good and vitals were very good. I told the onco nurse about the face experience and she made note of it to tell my dr. I still have the belly bloat though. It's definitely worse if I eat too much or too fast. Is my stomach going to look like this throughout treatment?????
    Char
  • Pattitsa
    Pattitsa Member Posts: 7
    UTI

Hi Meena, I've had a reaction after every chemo treatment. I had a very bad UTI & was put on Cipro for 10 days! Which made the thrush in my mouth worse. I had to get a compound mouthwash to use 3 times a day, tasted like snake venom. I had a lumpectomy in July & have one more round of heavy chemo Dec. 1st, if labs permit. I start rads in January while being kept on Hercepin until next summer. Then a beta blocker for 5 years. Good grief! What a ride. I have bloat as well after treatment. Hope you're feeling better & be wishes to you.

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 354 Member
    Unlisted side effects

I was on taxotere and cytoxan 6 rounds.  After round 4 I began to swell- all over.  Gained 7 lb. of fluid in 3 days.  Put on steroid pack and diuretic.  Told the fluid would re absorb after chemo is over.  Thankfully meds helped, but I really needed to watch.  Because of the additional fluid, I also had shortness of breath and chest pain.

UTI twice, but severe blistering on bottom from days 4-9 after each treatment - nothing about this listed, and told it probably was not the chemo.  What else could it be?????  Took Zyrtec and used Vagisil - best relief was shower with cool water.

vision changes became very frustrating - never wore glasses before.  I used my daughter's first pair of glasses to watch TV.  i was nervous about driving, especially at night.

Teach76

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Pattitsa said:

UTI

Hi Meena, I've had a reaction after every chemo treatment. I had a very bad UTI & was put on Cipro for 10 days! Which made the thrush in my mouth worse. I had to get a compound mouthwash to use 3 times a day, tasted like snake venom. I had a lumpectomy in July & have one more round of heavy chemo Dec. 1st, if labs permit. I start rads in January while being kept on Hercepin until next summer. Then a beta blocker for 5 years. Good grief! What a ride. I have bloat as well after treatment. Hope you're feeling better & be wishes to you.

old post

I don't think you noticed that Meena's post was from 5 years ago. Hope your last chemo goes well.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Thnking of

Thnking of you....HUGS

Denise

• linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Meena

Please note that this post is from 2010.  Our dear Meena has since passed away.

Linda