Today, I have reached two years NED

2»

Comments

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member

Congratulations Cathy!

Time and knowledge are our best friends IMHO.  Unfortunately, getting to the time where we can look back on it all takes - time.  And you can check off 2 years and hopefully move on to doctor visits every 6 months.  That is indeed a big deal.  I'm glad your doc wants to put your mind at ease by doing that CAT scan and you will be able to be assured that the pain is from somthing other than cancer.

Suzanne

Thanks, Suzanne!

It does feel good to see my doc now in 6 months. I look forward to reaching 5 years   NED like you have. It would be wonderful to forget about Ca altogether!

Warm Wishes,

Cathy

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Congratulations Cathy on Two Years NED

I am SO happy that you are doing well.  My 1 3/4 post chemo. appointment is on the 18th of Nov..  With your timeline, I had my two year NED anniversary on July 28th of this year.  I, too have had some pain in my lower back and a cough that I don't know whether it is sinus, allergy or what but it has been for 6 - 9 months and I have a polyp in my gall bladder, so the oncologist wants to do a CT scan  and check all of it.  Otherwise it would of been just a chest X-ray.  I'm not too concerned as I feel really good right now.  Our stories post diagnosis have been so similar.

What's different is that I am more vocal than I have ever been.  I guess I have something to say and want all to hear my thoughts and feelings.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds my future and I take joy in that thought.

Celebrating quietly will probably be what I do in Jan. of 2015 celebrating 2 years post chemo. and hoping it is NED.

Someday, maybe we can meet.  :)

Jeanette

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member

Congratulations Cathy on Two Years NED

I am SO happy that you are doing well.  My 1 3/4 post chemo. appointment is on the 18th of Nov..  With your timeline, I had my two year NED anniversary on July 28th of this year.  I, too have had some pain in my lower back and a cough that I don't know whether it is sinus, allergy or what but it has been for 6 - 9 months and I have a polyp in my gall bladder, so the oncologist wants to do a CT scan  and check all of it.  Otherwise it would of been just a chest X-ray.  I'm not too concerned as I feel really good right now.  Our stories post diagnosis have been so similar.

What's different is that I am more vocal than I have ever been.  I guess I have something to say and want all to hear my thoughts and feelings.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds my future and I take joy in that thought.

Celebrating quietly will probably be what I do in Jan. of 2015 celebrating 2 years post chemo. and hoping it is NED.

Someday, maybe we can meet.  :)

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette!

Glad to see you are Thriving too and you have found your voice.  love it.  Prayers and hugs.  Anne

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    Congratulations!  It is a

Congratulations!  It is a journey I know but two years is great and may it contuniue.  trish

• Abbycat2

Congratulations!  It is a journey I know but two years is great and may it contuniue.  trish

Jeanette, good to hear from you!

We do seem to be following a similar path. I am looking forward to hearing that  your Cat scan is normal and the gallbladder polyp is insignificant. Like you, I am feeling good. I try to get plenty of rest, I eat well and swim as much as possible. I appreciate every moment of every day!

Warmly,

Cathy

• Abbycat2

Thanks, trish!

I hope to reach that magical 5 year mark like you have done NED! Way to go girl!