Now it's my turn

Sable2900
Sable2900 Member Posts: 29

I just buried my husband 4 weeks ago from lung cancer and two days ago I was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer.  I had a biopsy but have to have another one.  I am so afraid as I saw all my husband went through.  My children and grandchildren are besides themselves.  I can't believe this is happening.  I have been moved into a nursing home which is okay with me as I know I'm going to need help.  Any words of wisdom on how I am going to get hrough tis besides one day ata  time.  I have chest pain as it has goine into the bones and some back pain but so far they are able to keep it under control pretty much.  Any one else in my place please write and let me know how you are handling it. 

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Words seem to fail me here.

Words seem to fail me here.  I was hoping someone with more similar experience would check in.   I can relate though as I was my mom's primary care giver 4 years before my diagnosis.  I have been terrified of having the same issues she had yet my experience has been very different.  

If there is a support group in your area I strongly urge you to attend.   I've found that it relieves my stress being with others who've heard the words "You have cancer", even if its a different type.  

• mooniemine
    mooniemine Member Posts: 5
    I cannot imagine what this

I cannot imagine what this must be like for you. While I am learning to cope with my dad's stage 4 lung cancer, a book called I Can't Stop Crying has helped. He also says his church community also helps him cope. My prayers are with you. If you ever need to talk, drop me a message or email me at cgrace@mccn.edu God bless