Round Two

Duggie88
Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member

Fellow warriors

I haven't been on much lately because as I have explained in a previous posting it just seems cancer is all around me. I spoke abote one of our secretaries who developed brain cance in March and has sincepassed away and another officer of the local is also battling cancer. Now for another kick in the butt  I was told late this morning I have prostate cancer. The Dr seems to think we caught it early because of the 12 biopsies only one came back positive. This comes the same month six years later after  I was told I had throat cancer. Could not have come at a worse time, in 9 days I go to Tampa for my sons wedding and then next month  two weeks in Hawaii for business and pleasure.

I beat this prick once and have every intention of doing it again. Thanks for listening.

Jeff

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Dammit Man...

Dang Jeff....

I know I had a rough go last year, but you didn't have to one up me.... Thoughts and prayers your way brother... You're tough, it was caught early, and I know a lot that have beat it minimally.

I believe the biggest part of the early caught is the mind and attitude.. You've been through worse, so I know mentally you can kick it.. Physically you'll do just fine also I'm sure.

Shoot me a text or email when you're in town.. We'll find something to get in to...

John

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    You got this Jeff.....

I can feel it.  You're a person who can say "I've kicked bigger cancer butt and won"....and know that it's true.  We're always here, you know that....

p   

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    it sucks

Jeff,

You have proven cancer fighting genes!

Enjoy Tampa and Hawaii.

Very sorry about your friends (it picks on anybody).

Rest & relax,

Matt

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    That is rough to hear Jeff...

Sorry for the news. On the good side it is the most beatable of all the "C" 99.92% you will beat this with out having to try. Will add some more prayers going your way, but try to enjoy the wedding and Hawaii.

Bill

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 617 Member
    Another bump in the highway

Another bump in the highway of life. Let your docs worry about your treatment plan while you live it up in not one, but two tropical paradises. 

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    MrsBD said:

Another bump in the highway

Another bump in the highway of life. Let your docs worry about your treatment plan while you live it up in not one, but two tropical paradises. 

Jeff

Sorry to hear. My husband had same and opted for surgery, he skated through it, hope the same for you.

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    You can do it again

Jeff, you won round one...you can win round two as well. Sounds like you caught it early which is good news. We're in your corner. We want you to put cancer down for the count this time.

Barbara

• avisemi
    avisemi Member Posts: 172
    Jeff,
    sorry to hear this. We

Jeff,

sorry to hear this. We are here for you. Remember you told me to tell Dima that if Jeff can do it, he could do it. So now I tell you that if you did it before, you can do it again! and we will be praying for you.

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    avisemi said:

Jeff,
    sorry to hear this. We

Jeff,

sorry to hear this. We are here for you. Remember you told me to tell Dima that if Jeff can do it, he could do it. So now I tell you that if you did it before, you can do it again! and we will be praying for you.

tough guy

You are a tough union guy and you will beat this Jeff.

• Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Cancer sucks

Hi Jeff 

i know exactly what you mean.     I haven't been on here for some time but remember all of you guys and gals fondly.   

I am almost 5 years out from successful tongue cancer treatment and now we are facing my hubby's stage 3 lung cancer.  

Sounds like your team has a plan in place for you.  I wish you the best.

i think you and my Ted should jump in Phrannie's pocket for safe keeping !  After Tampa and Hawaii for you.

I have not posted anything about this anywhere but have told our good friends John and Shelley G.

• lifeisDHA
    lifeisDHA Member Posts: 64
    it's heart breaking

to see cancer survivors to go though this again but You will beat it again!

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    You will beat this

I missed your post somehow, actually, I read posts and sometimes comment if I think I can help a little. 

There's no doubt, you're going to kick cancer's **** again...guess he didn't get the point the first time

Take care~~

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,773 Member
    percentages

Hey Jeff,

We always steer folks away from looking at numbers but prostrate treatment is highly successful. So just go give it a real good beat down! Don