Aloe Vera juice

I did a search of previous posts and didn't find too much regarding the juice. A physician friend of ours gave us a bottle of aloe Vera juice to help with mouth/throat rawness. I am wondering if any one else has used this and how much daily etc?

Barbara

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Not sure

Not sure if anyone used in there mouth. It is great on skin, but I could not put it in my mouth, but that's just me.

Bill

• Ladylacy
    Ladylacy Member Posts: 773 Member
    Juice

There is a aloe vera juice that you drink.  My husband tried it but it didn't help his throat.  I got it in a health food store.  Just remember that everyone is different in how they respond to anything.

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Why not??

It's great for many things, inside and outside the body.  Another thing to try in the arsenal.  I'd do it in a heartbeat if I thought there was a chance it would help heal mouth sores.....they are SUCH misery!!

p

• Tragic-king
    Tragic-king Member Posts: 12
    Aloe juice

I got a bottle and my rad dr said it might help with healing, but it is foul tasting and very tart so might feel burning, though not as much as some mouthwashes, and I have seen little sign it helps much.

Still worth a try and pretty easy to find if you are looking for alternatives.

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626

Aloe juice

I got a bottle and my rad dr said it might help with healing, but it is foul tasting and very tart so might feel burning, though not as much as some mouthwashes, and I have seen little sign it helps much.

Still worth a try and pretty easy to find if you are looking for alternatives.

We'll report back after a bit

and let you know what our experience is. Recommendation is 1-3 tbsp. a day. We're diluting it with water to practice swallowing and so far it is tolerable. Only down side seems to be you have to watch out for diarrhea, but that has not been a problem as yet.

Barbara

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Barbara

I never tried to drink it yet, but being I grow it I use it raw just by rubbing it into my skin or if bathing I fill the tub with warm water and cut it up. Then as I bath I let the oils in it absorb in my skin. Please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks

Tim