Clinical Trial meeting today - Wish me luck!

AWK
AWK Member Posts: 364 Member

I have my  meeting with Cedars Sinai this afternoon and will post any information I receive from it.  My understanding is that they have qualified me for two different trials based on my genome test results and targeting solid metastatic tumors (which I have).  I hardly got any sleep last night; not feeling anxious but more excited.  This journey has brought out the inner science geek in me to be sure!  I love the idea of participating in something that furthers the science and could help others.

Have a great day!  Anne

Comments

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Hurray! Good news Anne

That is great news, Anne!  Wishing you the best outcome.  I think I also caught the inner science geek condition that you speak of.  When my BFF was diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer 4 years ago, I tried to learn everything I could about breast cancer so that I could help her through her journey.  I attended her doctor's appointments and went to her first chemo treatment to sit with her.  Of course, at the time, I had no way of knowing that the valuable information I gathered then about cancer in general and about breast cancer specifically would prepare me for my own personal journey. 

Life works in mysterious ways...

Hugs,

Cathy

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Abbycat2 said:

Hurray! Good news Anne

That is great news, Anne!  Wishing you the best outcome.  I think I also caught the inner science geek condition that you speak of.  When my BFF was diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer 4 years ago, I tried to learn everything I could about breast cancer so that I could help her through her journey.  I attended her doctor's appointments and went to her first chemo treatment to sit with her.  Of course, at the time, I had no way of knowing that the valuable information I gathered then about cancer in general and about breast cancer specifically would prepare me for my own personal journey. 

Life works in mysterious ways...

Hugs,

Cathy

Good luck today

Hope everything goes well today with your meeting.  And, yes, these diagnoses do bring out the inner science geek in us and most of us here learn a lot about it.  I find that cancer is a very interesting disease - as long as it is not happening to me!

Suzanne

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Good luck, Anne.

Hoping all goes well for you today.  This all sounds very exciting!

Chris

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Hope everything went well, Anne

Hi Anne:

How did it go?   I hope all is well.  

Kathy

• DrienneB
    DrienneB Member Posts: 182
    Fantastic, Anne!

Please keep us posted.

-jane

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Hoping for the best

i hope everything went well for you today. Every advancement made in treatment is a good thing for all of us.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Anne,  THANK YOU for your

Anne,  THANK YOU for your participating in the trials.  This is so important to help all the women who follow all of us with new and better treatment.  I hope you are in a truly successful one for you!

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    AWK ,offering mental brace.

We are there where you are, in spirit, lean on that thought. You are loved,,we thank you for keeping us informed. We simply thank you for all you do by posting and educating.

Get well soon girl.              Moli.

• AWK
    I am in!

After a ton of tests and some surprises they confirmed me for the clinical trial testing aldoxorubicin and gemzar as combined agents targeting solid metastatic tumors.  The aldoxorubicin is a doifferent version of Doxil not in the market yet - the doctor refers to it as a cousin.  This will focus on protein binding cells and the version of gemzar is an anti-viral targeting the tumors working in a way that is similar to a vaccine.  

The trial is in extended phase 1B - testing for dosage tolerance.  They have seen a 100 percent response rate to this so far; I am the only uterine patient in it although they have a couple of ovarian patients with Ovarian Serous Carcinoma - I have UPSC And the school of thought continues to be these are one and the same.

The surprises included my blood calcium levels are now high which is an indicator of bone mets but my scans haven't picked any up yet.  So I had an infusion treatment for that; felt like the old days of carbo/taxol for a day.  The others include more detail as to my new mets which popped in the six weeks.

Here is hoping this works, not only for me but the science of treating cancers.  I start next Wednesday, absent a surprise.  We will know for sure if it is working In six weeks.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    AWK said:

I am in!

After a ton of tests and some surprises they confirmed me for the clinical trial testing aldoxorubicin and gemzar as combined agents targeting solid metastatic tumors.  The aldoxorubicin is a doifferent version of Doxil not in the market yet - the doctor refers to it as a cousin.  This will focus on protein binding cells and the version of gemzar is an anti-viral targeting the tumors working in a way that is similar to a vaccine.  

The trial is in extended phase 1B - testing for dosage tolerance.  They have seen a 100 percent response rate to this so far; I am the only uterine patient in it although they have a couple of ovarian patients with Ovarian Serous Carcinoma - I have UPSC And the school of thought continues to be these are one and the same.

The surprises included my blood calcium levels are now high which is an indicator of bone mets but my scans haven't picked any up yet.  So I had an infusion treatment for that; felt like the old days of carbo/taxol for a day.  The others include more detail as to my new mets which popped in the six weeks.

Here is hoping this works, not only for me but the science of treating cancers.  I start next Wednesday, absent a surprise.  We will know for sure if it is working In six weeks.

Glad you got your clinical

Glad you got your clinical trial!   Hoping all works for you.  I will be thinking of you next Wednesday that all goes as plan.

My best to you!

Kathy

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    AWK said:

I am in!

Soooo happy for you.  i hope

Soooo happy for you.  i hope everything goes well for you.  Lou Ann

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    AWK said:

I am in!

So happy for you and again,

So happy for you and again, THANK YOU.  I pray for every success.

• AWK
    Kaleena said:

Hope everything went well, Anne

Hi Anne:

How did it go?   I hope all is well.  

Kathy

Btw my ureter stent settled down

Thanks to you!  Now I am back to normal.  Hugs!

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    AWK said:

I am in!

Wonderful news!

I'm so happy that you got in for this and hoping that it works for you!

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Editgrl said:

Wonderful news!

I'm so happy that you got in for this and hoping that it works for you!

Oh, Anne, this is wonderful news!

I can imagine that you are looking forward to your participation in this clinical trial next Wednesday and I hope it goes well for you!  I appreciate how you have kept us all in the loop with you experiences.  I am hoping this is the magic bullet and will do wonders for you mets.   

Thinking of you and wishing you only the best,

Cathy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    AWK said:

I am in!

Soooo glad

Anne, So happy for you.  And, we will all be celebrating with you in six weeks too! Cindi