Advanced (Metastatic) Stage 4 Prostrate Cancer - Need help/tips
We are in Candada. About 3 weeks ago (around Mar 13, 2015) my dad had sudden difficulty walking, and pain while changing sides on bed. We took his to hospital. He was diagnosed with Advanced Prostate Cancer with the following details:
Annual Physical Exams:all done every year including urologist PSA blood tests etc. No one ever said he has anything wrong or perhaps they just ignored/misread his reports etc. Don't know details....we are in Canada.
Life Style:Never drink alcohol. Does not smoke, Vegetarian; does not eat any meat, eggs, or fish but consumes milk and milk products.
Family History:No family history of cancer. My dad's dad lived health up to 85 years of age and my dad's mother liver healthy up to 108 years of age.
Cancer Type:Stage IV Advanced metastatic - already spead to his spine, liver, and lungs apart from prostate.
Treatment so far:
Two spine radiation treatments - he doesn't have back pain anymore after this and can move around on his bed. No other radiation treatment planned at this time.
Firmagon Hormone Injections - Two 120mg (total 240mg) and will be one injection 120mg every month from now on.
Dexamethsone - steroid pill
Chemotherapy (Docetaxel): Doctor wants to start chemo in few weeks because he said there was a study done that starting chemo along with ADT/hormone therapy extends life of Stage 4 patients by an average of 14 months.
Life Expectancy:Radiation oncologist said 6nmonths to 2 years, Urologist said 1 may be 2 yeras, Other Oncologist said 1 year. The Head Oncologist who now oversears/plans his treatment just said we have to wait to see how he responds to the treatment.
How he is doing:
He is still in hospital. He can stand up but can't walk yet. He has started rehab in hospital where the physio helps him wlak with the walker. He is improving very slightly but doen't know how long it will take for him to walk properly with walker. Right now foot placement is not good but physio thinks it will improve over time.
Need Help and Tips for what else can we do:
Apart from the above treatment, we have started
* the "Maple Syrup and Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)" 3 days ago using 1.5 tsp baking soda along with 4.5 tsp maple syrup in warm water.... TWO TIMES A DAY. Plan to continue this for about 9 days and reduce to 1tsp bakid soda twice a day.
* One Iodoral (Iodine and Potassium Iodide) pill - 12.5mg per day.....may increase it in future using actual Lugol solution....plan to take to 50mg a day i.e. 8 drops og Lugol solution 4 to 5 times a week. Will mis 2 to three days a week to give rest to Kidneys because Iodine takes out toxins from body via kidneys.
* I plan to buy Cesium Chloride from Amazon. I heard they balance the body pH.
Q1:Should I add Cesium along with Baking Soda or it should be either baking soda or cesium chloride?
Q2:What dose (in mg) should we give him every day?
I am ordering ph strips to measure his saliva/urine PH soon.
I am reading on the web that many nutrients such as selenium, Vit D3, Vit-C, Multip-Vitamin, etc should also been given on a daily basis.
Q3:What are all the nutrients, minerals, and Vitamins that we should give him on a daily basis and in what dose?
Q4:What is the proper diet/food for my dad's situation?
What Else should we do to make him better and extend his life?
Thank you VERY MUCH for your time and help.
- 119K All Discussion Boards
- 5 CSN Information
- 5 Welcome to CSN
- 119.1K Cancer specific
- 2.7K Anal Cancer
- 423 Bladder Cancer
- 297 Bone Cancers
- 1.6K Brain Cancer
- 28.1K Breast Cancer
- 375 Childhood Cancers
- 27.6K Colorectal Cancer
- 4.5K Esophageal Cancer
- 1.1K Gynecological Cancers (other than ovarian and uterine)
- 12.6K Head and Neck Cancer
- 6.2K Kidney Cancer
- 638 Leukemia
- 764 Liver Cancer
- 4K Lung Cancer
- 5K Lymphoma (Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin)
- 213 Multiple Myeloma
- 7.1K Ovarian Cancer
- 34 Pancreatic Cancer
- 477 Peritoneal Cancer
- 5K Prostate Cancer
- 1.1K Rare and Other Cancers
- 519 Sarcoma
- 689 Skin Cancer
- 633 Stomach Cancer
- 190 Testicular Cancer
- 1.5K Thyroid Cancer
- 5.6K Uterine Cancer
- 6.2K Other Discussion Boards